Universal Homesexuals?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I'd like to think that I'm not being trigger happy, nor censoring. In the past I've been particularly relaxed about allowing threads to spread beyond their bounds. I often find it makes them more interesting to read.

At the same time, topics like these can be subsumed easily by discussions already had a thousand times and we do have some responsibility to not always let the original discussion (or Star Trek in general!) become an afterthought.

Hope that helps clear up our behaviour a little. :)

Certainly the case that I'm taking this off topic now though so I'll shut up. :D

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Oh boy ... :rolleyes: I'm at a loss for words.

3. Non-Trekkie Trekkie

Non-Trekkie Trekkie Captain

Why? Personally I think it's a completely rational view (Especially through our Trek eyes)...A person is allowed to have such views after all, and I find merit in both, equally...Rolly-Eyed-Guy attack (As is the case against those with his or her views are usually met), or not. :rolleyes: ;)

Personally I see the world of Trek ridding homosexual tendencies (Via genome and/or psychological altering, however you view it) like they most certainly would rid the tendencies of those attracted to children. After all, can't a case be made that one who is attracted to children is "Born" with the tendency? Or at the very least cannot control being attracted to children (As many of them state)? (And no, before the flames break-out, I'm not talking about acting on those tendencies which clearly cannot be compared due to the obvious adult-adult relationships in one and a potential adult-child relationship in the other).

If it can be treated, and like cancer has been eradicated on Trek, I think it will be, or would be, in the Trek universe. Or if a person choses to keep the tendency, they can...It's a Free Trek World after all.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  4. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're joking right?

5. Kpnuts

Stupid fucking moron. And before any of the mods give me an infraction, this stupid little idiot has basically called every homosexual person on Earth, a 'mistake', one that needs curing. I hope you can understand my little outburst.

Comparing homosexuality to cancer and paedophilia? Grow up you small minded, pathetic little man. And I'd love you to say all that to my face.

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Sorry, one warning for flaming. Don't start going into personal attacks of other posters, no matter how stupid or wrong that poster's post may be. Send comments via PM.

7. Non-Trekkie Trekkie

Non-Trekkie Trekkie Captain

Or better yet? You may think it be??

8. Kpnuts

No, he meant what he said, 'may' be.

Shame you're not able to go off on your little rant in front of my face.

I see you're also a subcriber to the hypocritical 'as long as it's two girls it's all good cause that turns me on... but two men is wrong and evil'. How I pity you. :lol:

9. apostle83

apostle83 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

I can hardly tolerate the insensitivity towards opinions some folks have. Non-Trekkie Trekkie, as someone with an opinion outside the mainstream, what is it like being discriminated against?

10. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

The speed at which this thread asploded really is quite impressive. Can't see much of a benefit in leaving it open now - some decent discussion happened earlier and there were some funny jokes but things appear to have reached an irrecoverable state.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.