ENTER: TV & Media Avatar Contest | "Life After Star Trek"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, May 12, 2011.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem for a lot of us is that so many of the "good" ones aren't really post-Trek using the rules cited. For example, Nimoy has nothing but Fringe post 2009.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Nimoy acted on Fringe after Star Trek 2009, so that fits the rules exactly. Not sure what the confusion is with the rules -- any acting gig AFTER his or her final performance in an official Star Trek movie or TV show.

And od0, Connor Trinneer's one-episode guest spots on several TV shows is hardly prolific. If you think that's spotlight-worthy, then you should have no issues with Robert Picardo's numerous guest spots (Supernatural, Chuck, Stargate, Justified, Castle, etc.). Hell, he even made a MegaShark movie! :lol:

While it's true a lot of actors' careers go to die after Trek, there are plenty of success stories too. Bakula's got a show. Jeri Ryan's on her third as a regular and it looks to be a big hit. Patrick Stewart's an easy one. If you want TOS, Babylon 5 was post-Generations for Walter Koenig.

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is exactly my point. The only possible avatar from the second (if not the) most iconic actor in Trek history is a guest spot from one single program. So we can't use, for example, Nimoy's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers film, his beloved guest spot on the Simpsons "monorail" episode or even his work on Mission Impossible.

Similarly, while Shatner has most "post Trek" work, other than Boston Legal it didn't really capture the imagination like, for example, Kingdom of the Spiders, Rocket Man or, of course, TJ Hooker.

You wondered why there weren't more entries. I'm suggesting that the rules cut down on a lot of what people might have been interested in using as avatars.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Alexander Siddig also did an episode of Merlin and was recently in Primeval season 4.

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

It is for that cast!

What has Anthony Montgomery done? A straight to DVD movie and he was in the teaser of an episode of Boomtown's second season, dead before the credits & it isn't even available on DVD.

Linda Park has had one other regular tv role in a midseason replacement series that was cancelled, and turned up a couple of times, most recently on House where she spent most of the episode layin' in bed.

Dominic Keating had a few episodes of Heroes and did that one commercial where he was a monkey's agent.

Jolene Blalock was in a direct to DVD sequel to Starship Troopers.

John Billingsley has a recurrin' role on True Blood, but he's not in the openin' credits, just the end ones. Not sure if he was even in the third season, though...can't remember.

That leaves Scott Bakula, who was awesome before ENT, and Conner Trinneer, who was an unknown before ENT. So, I'd say Trinneer has made the most of the exposure ENT gave him.

Speakin' of, I realize that Woolsey may not even count, since he originated that character on SG-1 while also on VOY.

Again, Bakula was awesome before ENT, of course he has a show now.

Jeri Ryan has been a regular on at least three shows since VOY ended - Boston Public, Shark and now Body of Proof.

Patrick Stewart is too easy, really...

For those complainin' about not bein' able to use Leonard Nimoy outside of Fringe, he is goin' to be the voice of a Trasnformer in the movie comin' out this summer. Apparently, he's the big one on the moon in the teaser trailer.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

od0 also gets credit for thinking outside the box. There are other recognizable actors that can be used besides the ones whose names appeared in the opening credits of TV shows -- James Cromwell, Eric Bana, Whoopi Goldberg, William Sadler (he was just in The Pacific), Ricardo Montalban, Christopher Lloyd, David Warner, Keith Carradine (Deadwood and Dexter are post-Enterprise), Frank Langella...

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Thanks!

So, quick question!

With or without names?

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I like the one with the names.

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

With names it is, then!

[​IMG]

10. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Oh, that reminds me: John Billingsley was in 2012, Nip/Tuck, NCIS, The Mentalist. Lots of options there.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here's mine...

[​IMG]

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

And here's mine ;)
    [​IMG]

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral