My random website.

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by PianoWizzy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Commodore Commodore

This that I've made is just a random personal project. I think that at this time I'd like some input.

http://pianowizzy.webs.com

Again, just a personal project, but perhaps I'd like some input on how to make it more.... interesting? :shrug: Anything, really. And if you have a different idea for a color scheme, I'm totally open to suggestions.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a very quick poke around. It runs really quickly on my phone, which is great:techman:.

But because I'm on my phone, I'm afraid I couldn't actually see the videos:(. I must admit that "wanna watch me play?" brings all sorts of ideas to my filthy mind that you probably didn't intend:lol:.

As for what else to put there, just put everything that you're into on it. And put a link to it on your sig, so everyone can see!

3. PianoWizzy

Good idea, the thought suddenly occurred to me. :eek: *runs off to change the code*

The videos. Honestly. Just very old, outdated videos of some piano banging. *thought.* DANGIT *facepalm*

Never knew the piano had such innuendo. :rolleyes:

4. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

First, props for hand coding your first website. As I suspect you are already aware, the color scheme is jarring and unattractive. Sites like Kuler and Colour Lovers can provide inspiration on that front.

The biggest problem though is your font selection. Comic Sans? ...no, just no. It's ugly and you're telling the viewer not to take you seriou-- it's ugly. Even if it was a desirable font, only Windows has it so a lot of browsers won't render it, as you can see from this collection of screenshots of your website from various browsers: http://browsershots.org/http://pianowizzy.webs.com/

5. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not even every Windows user has Comic Sans. ;) I actually purposely delete it when I install Windows, because nobody should ever use Comic Sans. It's the de-facto amateur computer user font (with no offense at all intended, as I'm generalizing here).

Aside from that, I respect that you coded your own site. You'll learn as you go, and you can gradually add to it anyway, and make it completely unique and personalized. My site started out pretty basic, but it's gotten better as I've figured things out. :techman:

6. PianoWizzy

Well thank God for CSS. Fixing the font was no issue. :) Wasn't aware that was such a problem. Ah well, I've got a new favorite font anyway. :roll:

As for the colorscheme, it kills me too. I'm creating a background design.

7. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I am completely demoralized and heartbroken.:wah: For many years my AOL/AIM font has been Comic Sans Bold. Everyone I talk to likes it. Now I find out that it is ugly and no one is taking me seriously and amateurish. My psyche may never recover...:sigh: Can anyone recommend a good discount psychologist? I cannot afford a psychiatrist, they charge too much.:rofl:

8. PianoWizzy

Awwww. *pats head* I am told I make a good psychologist, even while the irony is that I need one. :D

9. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

In my college psych classes, I learned that most psychologists are drawn to the profession because they are trying to find out what is wrong with them!

10. PianoWizzy

THAT'S PROBABLY WHY I'M SO INTERESTED IN TAKING THE COURSE NEXT YEAR. :guffaw:

11. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I've been thinking about psychology classes too via Open Learning.

BTW, cool webpage Wizzy.