What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ordered GTA V yesterday, heard rumors it might be good.

Otherwise still "stuck" in Dragon Age and loving it.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Still mostly Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Shadow of Mordor.

Mostly Captain killing in the latter, got a few of them but one decided to run, right into a pack of Caragors, tore him apart. Nice to know the environmental dangers affect enemies as well. :lol:

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My roommate picked up the PS3 version of "Shadow of Mordor," and it was one of the buggiest games I've ever seen. It took about 4 hours before he could even start playing it because he kept having to download patches. He was never able to finish it because it kept crashing during the final battle.

Turns out there's a reason these new games are being made for new consoles. I played the PS4 version, and it was one of the most fun games I've ever played. I couldn't believe the problems he had.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, my PS4 version runs so smoothly, considering how big the playable world is and how it adapts to your actions it really is impressive.

I set off the alarm in one of the strongholds, 30 on 1 orc battle and no frame rate drop, I mean not even one glitch and all of them were uniquely rendered.

But then as I said I got CoD: AW for the PS3 and the difference is vast. I have Wolfenstein for the PS4, apparently the PS3 version literally isn't even playable, it will crash long before you get that far in it and refuse to go further.

As for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, it feels so new and recognisable at the same time, they really did an amazing job on this remastered version. Getting into the heartland of Hoenn now and the musical cues are only getting better, some of the remixing efforts stand out as far better than the originals.

That said, fuck electric Pokemon, ugh!

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I was playing Super Mario 3D World today. I got to world 7 which I guess is the final world, and man the difficulty level just spiked like crazy.

I'm always a sucker for a Mario game, and I may try New Super Mario Bros. U next.

6. Tea

Tea Cadet Newbie

I'm not currently playing any game... I am responding to this thread!

That being said, however... as of late I have been spending a lot of my spare time playing The Talos Principle. It is a fascinating first-person puzzle game that reminds me of Portal in the absence of the portal gun and the gravity gun.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Multitasking! It's a thing!

;)

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I just ordered Captain Toad, I think it will get much play over the Christmas period. RevdKathy doesn't game but enjoys watching me play, and point out things I missed, in certain games. I expect Toad will be one of them.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Having a little lull in my gaming but on the 27th & 28th I have friends coming down for back to back nights of nothing but gaming over 3 TV's and 8 consoles including (Mega Drive AKA Genesis that I am getting for X Mas off my generous sister)

I so can't wait ;)

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Beat Tomb Raider for a second time last night. Not sure what to play next. I might give video games a break for a little while.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captain Toad is the perfect game for that.

12. Kelthaz

I just picked up Mario Kart 8 and I'm currently playing through it in single player to unlock stuff. I'd say what I think of the game, but it's Mario Kart. There's no point.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Now that I have a Wii U I need to get that one myself. I had loads of fun playing it at my friends house.

My only complaint with it is that Nintendo dropped the ball and didn't include any dedicated maps for Battle mode: they just make you play on the pre-existing courses.

14. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

So... I'm quickly learning one important fact about Super Smash Bros.

I suck at it. I think I'm getting a little better... but then I tried a couple online matches. Yeah, I got some work to do.

I think that's a pretty common complaint. But the "best" (if one can apply that term to MK8 battle mode) course is Moo Moo Meadows since it's a relatively compact track.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Modern Warfare 2- the second mission, where you infiltrate the Russian airbase and then escape 007-style on snowmobiles, is probably my favourite.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Just played some Mario Kart 8, NES Remix pack and Bayonetta on my Wii U. Now I'm playing on the PS3, got done playing some Infamous, Tales of Symphonia and now I'm playing some Minecraft.

17. Kelthaz

Last night I destroyed my first blue shell in 18 years with the horn. It felt damn good.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Day Z been literally killing me for hours but now I have a character with supplies and I may stay alive for a while :lol:

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got the LEGO Marvel Superheroes platinum last night and I'm 90% done with The Last Of Us Remastered on Hard.

Now I'm deciding what to play next... Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein: The New Order or maybe even The Walking Dead again (I got both seasons for the PS4 for like $13).

20. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Started Assassin's Creed Rogue, which I got for Xmas...