ALT-Trek

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, Dec 14, 2011.

1. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

UPDATE...
    Started to add the main lamps.
    [​IMG]
    All the final shapes are roughed in. The one change I made is the center command area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Started to detail one of the main lamps and did a texture test.
    [​IMG]
    A roughed in idea for the top of the lamp
    [​IMG]

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I love that earlier drydock type

3. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Just came across this thread. I'm a big TOS shuttle fan and I have to admit I like what I'm seeing here. That shuttle could land on LV-426 to battle aliens. Nice work.

4. XFozzboute

Thanks.

UPDATE...
    I think the main light and guide wires are just about done. I just want to add maybe one more detail to it. Than I can get started on the support structures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    This is the final look of the lamp. Don’t really see a need for more details since the polygons are getting a little out of hand.
    [​IMG]
    The final light is in place and I’ve begun to work on an idea of how to connect the structure to the spine.
    [​IMG]
    Now I’m getting an idea of how this will look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    As usuall for me I either add too many polies or not enough. This time not enough. I’m thinking I may just start over and that’s a shame because alot of work went into this part. Or I might be able to work with what I have.
    [​IMG]
    What the bottom looks like.
    [​IMG]
    This is the basic concept for what it will look like inside.
    [​IMG]

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I feel your pain. I hate getting a part almost completed only to notice the segmentation upon rendering.

Your stuff still looks great, and depending on the angles/closeups you plan to use this for, it may not show up.

8. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    The ribs are finally in place.
    [​IMG]
    Starting on the cross beams. This went faster then I thought it would
    [​IMG]
    How it currently looks. There are a few parts that don’t need to be there anymore.
    [​IMG]

9. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I wasn’t sure if I was gonna do this upper room with just textures or build it out. I decided to do a very simple build out and not much more. I need to finish this part before I can move on to the rest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Started to work on an idea for textures on the landing bay doors. I also wanted to play around abit with unwrapping somemore.
    [​IMG]
    The first two corner landing bays are pretty much done
    [​IMG]
    For the bottom landing bay I had to take the inside and flip it over. Getting it to mach up wasn’t that easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool! But those are either some huge crates, or that's a small shuttle. ;)

12. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I think those blue ones are 220 gallon drums!

--Alex

13. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Man. Getting the ribs and cross beams to look welded together is making this a pain in the ass. It’s just doing the same thing over and over again. But atleast I only have to do a quarter of it. I’m thinking about extending the lamps on the side to fill up some of that empty space, something I never liked about the Jackill design. I thinking about adding some construction arms to this thing. The Kelvin was added to to have a ship in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I’ve been wanting to do my own version of this ship for some time now so I decided might as well do it now. Right now it just very roughly blocked in to see all the shapes. I’m not to sure about the size but it looks like a small ship to me and an old one so I can have all kinds of fun getting this one dirty.
    You can see the original ship at http://steveneill.wordpress.com/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I tend to start out sometimes with the warp engine and this is no different. The first thing I did was shorten the engine because I thought the blocked in shape felt to long and I gave it a bit of a taper. I then got to work on the end cap and I think I am done it. Can’t see it needing any other detail. I did make one mistake with some bevels that turned out smaller than I thought and they don’t really show. Must be the heat.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the front of the warp engine. I added some details to the hydrogen collector and I’m happy with how they turned out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This looks interesting. Do you have a more direct link to the ship on Steve's site? All I could find were A-wings and Vipers.

NM, found it.

17. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I’ve added rcs thrusters and all the other bits that go on the back of the engine.
    [​IMG]
    I’d say the detail of the back of the engine is done.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the fin-thingy things in the front of the ship. So far I like the way these have turned out.
    [​IMG]
    This version of the fins isn’t finishes because I’m not sure about it yet. I like the first version better.
    [​IMG]
    Well I think I’ve decided on a scale for this ship and it comes in at around 230 meters long.
    [​IMG]

18. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice detailing!

19. XFozzboute

Thanks. :D

UPDATE...
    The engines are finished and I rebuilt the secondary hull. I couldn’t figure out how the shuttle bay doors would open on Mr. Neill’s original so I did something I could work with. I’m still thinking about if I’ll build the inside of it. I added my standard and tactical shuttles just to see how they would look with it. Because of the small size of this ship it will probably only carry two standard shuttles.
    [​IMG]
    A little closer to show some of the engine detail.
    [​IMG]
    A closer look at the shuttle bay. There’s still some segmmenting but not as bad as the first version of the secondary hull.
    [​IMG]

20. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore