Terminator-209 "Complications" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 17, 2008.

?

Grade "Complications"

1. I'll be back! (Excellent)

34.1%
  2. Come with me if you want to live! (Above Average)

54.5%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

9.1%
  4. Hasta la vista, baby! (Below Average)

2.3%
  5. You are TERMINATED! (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or originally Kyle Reese was sent back from a world which didn't have a John Connor.

2. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Good Point

That world then would be the original time line.... However if the humans don't beat skynet then they never send anybody back to start with. So that means the humans had to beat Skynet without John Connor, which makes john a lot less valuable....

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There is a storyline that suggests Stan Moresky (the man who cancelled on Sarah at the beginning of The Terminator) may be John's father.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Imagine Skynet won. A few zoos kept humans around just for kicks and because Skynet is not a complete deush. Skynet can now do anything. It invents time travel... Maybe, almost? Well there's some fine tuning to get out of the way with lab testing and animal trials before it's ready to begin sending back incredibly (clean resources after the war would be difficult to come by.) valuable (Copies of itself?)AIs through the murder machine it calls a time machine for the first few thousand explosively mincing attempts which lables the device indelibly cost ineffective, especially since every backstepping mechachrononaut has to be labouriously wrapped in some sort of animal firstly to piggyback inside it's electromagnetic field... Then after a few more thousand faliures, when Skynet is sure that it almost has got time travel licked and... Damn it, it would save time to strip thescientific method and just throw humans through time since there's no real reason for them to be around any more other than to amuse Skynet, and forwarding scientific endeavour is damn amusing. So it's no different than how we sent chimps into space in the 60s because we wanted to refine the proccess before we sacked up.

That being said, an AI the size of a tennis ball with a pleasure and pain responsimeter wrapped into Kyle's spinal column using him as a beast of burden is also a reason why Skynet would would be sending humans back into it's own past if only for observatory missions to fulfil Skynets Historianianismistic inclinations and curiousity over a dead culture.

I really should write some fanfiction but I'm involved in something glorious already right now, but it would probably come off too Twelve Monkeys for me to bother being called a fraud again to be bothered with.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Another possibility is that "John Connor" is a rouse. That "John Connor" the man is not the key to the humans winning over the machines. However they set up "John Connor" as a foil, because of the logic of the machines. The machines think they need to eliminate "John Connor" to allow them to win, when in fact them trying to eliminate "John Connor" is what is causing them to loose.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Hmm misdirection. I like it.

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I like it. It's also a very good tactic in a time-war.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ especially after the latest episode - Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point.