Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This current storyline is just okay. I wish they had wrapped it up in the third episode. It's really drawing things out a bit too much for my taste. Though the positives are Ashoka getting some screen time (even if Lux Bonteri is dull) and I do like that they've decided to make Steela and her brother people of color. Too many of the ancillary Clone Wars human or near human characters are lacking in the melanin department.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I like the premise but I agree this is running for too many episodes. It felt like this episode was the ending, everything was wrapped up, but then at they say "oh no now the Seperatists are going to invade!". Oy.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

this arc is continuing? Wow. I assumed after this week's episode it seemed like it reached a conclusion and was going to leave Asoka there and we'd come back after a arc or two and some standalones. I've enjoyed it but I'd rather move on to something else at the moment.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've enjoyed the arc overall, but I do have to agree that they should have just ended it with this one. The last couple scenes before the very last one would have worked perfectly fine as a conclusion to the whole arc IMO.

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Just my own theory at the moment, but I think this whole arc is setting up why Ahsoka will be gone by the time of Episode III.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What, that she stays behind on Onderon and leaves the Order?

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Essemtially. But not right away. The rebel storyline could be something that's visited again at a later time and Ahsoka may be forced to make a choice of where her loyalties are at that point. I dunno, it's just an idea. They may do something totally different, of course.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would certainly explain why they are spending so much time here. I thought last seasons' first four eps underwater were long enough. This is like one fourth of the season over already!!

3 eps should be the longest arc.

9. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I i remember correctly there will be more arcs and lee standalones.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

So this week is the end of the arc I take it. The King is back on his throne and the Separatists are gone. Too bad that Saw accidentally killed his own sister. The episode sort of reminded me of Avatar with the rebels flying around on creatures while shooting at flying machines.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I did not expect them to them to kill Steela like that. I actually found it pretty shocking.

12. DarKush

^
    I wasn't expecting that either. I thought the king was going to die. I did like how the false king was killed eliminated by Dooku. But it makes me wonder why Dooku went through all the trouble of coup in the first place to give up so easily. I guess it works for resolving the story but it seems a little odd he would do that.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, they certainly are making the Afghanistan parallels pretty clear what with the hiding on the hills from the Russian Hind gunships and the Stinger missiles. I'm liking Hondo though, he's become one of my faves. Even a tribute to BSG new and old with "Leave No Survivors" and "By Your Command" and the Scar/Raider like gunships.

14. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

The gunships were in ROTS too. Are they rteally a tribute?

At first the King had more legitimacy and could keep the people quiet, but that was no longer the case so he got rid of him.

15. ALF

Yep, 2 episodes too long. This should have been wrapped up weeks ago.
    "You know who had an arc? NOAH." - Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri, The Sopranos. ;)

Sorry to hear that. The Clone Wars has had some awesome standalones. I always preferred The X-Files one-offs.
    I felt the same way about last year's 4-episode intro at the underwater world. Good ,but too lengthy. Part of the appeal to me, about Star Wars is that the setting of the adventure was always changing. Now it feels like we're trapped on the planet-of-the-week. But it's really planet "of the month."

EDIT: Not sure how this happened, I somehow retconned or eliminated "Revival" from my mind... so indeed we've only been on Onderon for four episodes, not five. Next week's new arc certainly sounds like a welcome change...
    "Yoda leads a group of Jedi younglings in the dangerous task of building their lightsabers."

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  16. Mr. Adventure

I didn't remember them from ROTS but I only watched that once at release. Looking at the dates though it's conceivable (if unlikely) that the nuBSG Raider played a part in their design. Their vocal lines were almost certainly a tribute to BSG and I think their usage to evoke the Soviets in Afghanistan still stands.

17. ALF

^
    The gunships were featured in the battle on Kashyyyk. They pass over the water.

18. Mr. Adventure

Did they swoop around like they did here? Regardless, ignoring their design, I stand by the rest of my statements.

19. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

Well, I loved this arc, and the entire serialized work of the series. The mortiss trilogy was some of the best Star Wars EVER. The nature of the serials remind me of classic Doctor Who, but without the cheesy cliffhangers on each episode.

The death plummet at the end of this ep, with Ahsoka acting rather cavalierly, certainly serves to advance her character into a direction that we cant guess at. Im excited to see where Filoni takes this.

Also, how on earth hasnt it been mentioned before now...but how will the sale of Lucasfilm affect Filoni and the rest of the Clone Wars subsidiary? I am hopeful that they can continue masterful storytelling such as this, mortiss, deathwatch, nightsisters, clonetroopers, and all the other serials. I know they've filmed through at least season 6, and Filoni mentioned that they have a plan through 10 seasons...KEEP IT GOING!

20. DarKush

^
    I read that some official (Disney perhaps?) said that Clone Wars would do well on Disney XD. So it's possible that if Clone Wars might eventually jump ship.

My bad on Transformers Prime. Got Disney XD mixed up with the Hub. I guess Clone Wars could match up good with the Tron cartoon on Disney, if they keep it going.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012