Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Vanessa

Vanessa Vice Admiral Admiral

There are still a few old-timers around. ;)

2. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

That's good to know. I just breeze by here when I'm bored and post a couple of things.

3. Joshva

Joshva Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi,

I am an avid fan of Voyager and Deep Space 9. I definately enjoyed the Next Generation movies and some Enterprise episodes. I particularly like some of the relationships and big battles that took place in the serieses.

I was a bit of a late comer to Star Trek. I started watching avidly 2 years ago.

Favourite charcters in order:

Seven Of Nine
    The Doctor
    Worf
    Data
    Jadzia
    T-Pal

I also have my own dance music website here (not sure if Trekkies are too interested in that sort of stuff):

www.joshandfriends.com.au

Cheers,
    Josh

4. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to our forum, grab a cup of our fantastic delta blend coffee and enjoy the time you spend here. :)

5. Joshva

I was going to say i'm off the coffee. Racachino's only for me (but that would be a bit too DS9) :P

6. Joshva

Also I can't believe I forgot to mention Garak as one of my favourites :)

7. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay! :D

8. chickenlegs

chickenlegs Ensign Red Shirt

Hey I'm new around here.

I'm a big Voyager and TNG fan, don't think there's a single episode I haven't seen at least twice(thank you spike tv for tng).

My favourite VOY character would have to be the Doctor and as for TNG, my vote goes to Data. My favourite race would have to be the Borg :borg: which is also why First Contact was the best movie(in my opinion).

Mark Adams
    a.k.a
    Chickenlegs

9. Chang

Chang Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the board. The Doctor is my favorite Voyager character as well.

10. gloriously

gloriously Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Is anyone on the Voyager forum going to the convention in Las Vegas this month?

11. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Well, I won't be in Vegas but welcome to the board. :)

12. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello!

I'm watching Voyager from the start now. I love the Doctor, but Kes gets on my nerves a bit. She's always "overwhelmed" by everything.

I like Chakotay as a character, but the stories revolving around him are pretty boring (the Native American stuff, etc.)

Harry Kim kinda drives me nuts, too. He's green around the gills the whole 7 years though, right?

Paris, Janeway, Seven, Tuvok and Bel'anna are okay. Neelix... I could go either way. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

But the series as a whole... seems to be comprised of Gems and Stinkers. Usually I feel they can be assessed within the teaser (is this one any good or not?); I've come to the conclusion that Chakotay meditating or a shuttle crash usually generates a Stinker.

Just finished "Twisted". It was great, how they just "gave up" at the end. Never saw a Trek epsiode end like that.

Thanks for listening to my useless opinions. Voyager may be my least favorite series, but there's a lot to like about it.

13. Go_Janeway

Go_Janeway Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi I'm new as if you didn't already know that. I finally found this site, it only took me a while when all I had to do was search the name but nevermind. Anyway my fav. chars are Janeway (as you can guess with the name, she is my hero.) Chakotay and Tom.

14. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Welcome to the forum billcosby and Go_Janeway. :thumbsup:

15. DanielFullard

DanielFullard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hold Voyager in far high esteem that a lot of SF fans...in fact I bloody love it

16. Plainsong

Plainsong Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always had access to the movies, but I'm also a relative newcomer to TNG and VOY. It'll take a while before I remember episode names and such. I know I've already introduced myself somewhere in this thread, but I haven't been back in a while, so why not just drop back in?

Are there enough replicator rations or this a Neelix special Delta blend coffee?

Favorite characters, well let's see...

There's no way like the Janeway, that's for sure.
    Chuckles, although I haven't really seen him develop much yet. Yeah, there's the blend o' all Native American cultures, and that gets under my skin (we aren't _all_ Lakota!!), but it's not like he wrote it. Some of it is actually sound. I'd like to see what really makes him tick sometime.
    Neelix and the Doctor, well of course.
    And I hated Tom Paris at first, but he's that popular guy that you think won't have anything to do with you, only to find it he's trying to include you in the fun with everyone else.

And while I aspire to Janeway, I think I'm closer to B'Elanna. And Kes, we hardly knew ye.

I think Tuvok is the quintessential vulcan, and if he'd treated Neelix like crap in front of me like he has been, he'd get a punch in the jaw.

See? B'Elanna. ;)

17. Dan_UK

Dan_UK Ensign Newbie

I rank it up with TNG in my top two.....

18. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Traitor! You said I was your favorite character.... :mad:

19. Daniel_Fullard

Daniel_Fullard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forum-- but Voyager was kind of my "first love" to Star Trek-- so despite the most common criticisms I have a soft spot for its characters and episodes (and I own all the seasons, it's not uncommon to "pop in a voyager" over here). I never considered myself a "trekkie", until I realized I had seen all the episodes in Voyager and TNG several times and could pretty much tie an episode to any reference, no matter how esoteric (and then I started buying Star Trek books, my first ones being the Christie Golden "Homecoming" books and the further novelizations of Chakatoy as Captain of Voyager.) -- Cheers all, good to be around!