TOS fans - What is your second favorite show?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Nacluv, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Which show is the best or most acceptable after TOS?

1. The Animated Series

7.4%
  2. The Next Generation

32.4%
  3. Deep Space Nine

32.4%
  4. Voyager

4.4%
  5. Enterprise

14.7%
  6. Fanmade production(s)

1.5%
  7. They all suck!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. They are all great!

5.9%
  9. They are all ok.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I have not seen any of them.

1.5%
  1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Deep Space Nine. It's the only one of the TNG era shows I like without reservation. TNG was too preachy. Voyager was just stupid.

Enterprise might have been my number two if I only had to consider the first two seasons. Unfortunately there are also seasons three and four, which killed the series for me.

2. JimZipCode

JimZipCode Commander Red Shirt

Haven't seen TAS in forever, but it's the only other one I consider to be "Star Trek". Those other shows are decent spin-offs, but not something I like spending any time on. Especially TNG.

Honestly, the only show that has ever engendered anything like the same love I've had for TOS, is early West Wing.

3. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Guest

While I don't really like any of the other ones more or less than each other I do find myself watching Voyager the most of the spinoffs.

4. Nacluv

Nacluv Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think the best thing about Voyager was that we finally once again saw a Vulcan as a main character or even recurring character.

I always thought TNG and DS9 should have had a Vulcan at least as a recurring character. Either as a teacher or officer.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stargate SG-1 and Arlantis. They often felt more like a modern Star Trek than the Trek spin-offs. They had the sense of fun and adventure which vanished in the overly-serious TNG and we saw only a few snippets of in Voyager.

Trek-wise, Voyager and Enterprise are my next favourites, Trek-wise. ENT's third season was fantastic.

6. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

I've been a fan of the original series since I was a kid in the early 1970's, watching reruns on WKGB Channel 56 in Boston on a tiny, grainy black and white screen. I built the AMT Enterprise and Klingon D7 models, and owned a Mego Spock action figure. TOS will always be Star Trek for me.

Having said that, I think Next Generation was a worthy successor, and consider that my second-favorite series in the franchise. None of the later series really do anything for me, though I did have high hopes for Enterprise when it went on the air in 2001, and was disappointed in how it turned out, like many of you were.

7. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Deep Space Nine. Of all the latter-day Trek shows, this one comes the closest, IMO, to recreating the spirit and essence of TOS.

8. mach7

mach7 Commander Red Shirt

I voted for TNG, but really it would have to be UFO.

Not Trek but still very good!

9. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Because too many prefer packing over content? ;)

Bob

10. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

Deep Space Nine. I consider it the best Star Trek series, the writing, acting and storytelling were stellar. TOS is my favorite though due to my attachment to the characters.

11. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted for DS9. I think it's a really enjoyable sci-fi series that also happens to be set in the Star Trek universe.

12. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly this. Nostalgia, camp value, and those "unique" Roddenberry touches in that first season see me choosing TNG.

From, say season 4 of TNG onward, everything in that show, and all the sequel series are just...so...unwatchably...stale...and...boring...zzzzzzz. It would have to be a very rainy day to get me watching things like Deep Space Nine and Voyager again.