Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Someone who is quite tall fell through a crack in multiverse.

The issue seems like it's finished, and then there's a letters page, and there's more comic after that. If the first thing I said seems like gobblegook, you may not have finished the comic like you thought you did, otherwise carry on.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Now that I just read the full spoilers...your post makes perfect sense. Wow. Still looks like crossover time! I wonder if this will be what "Spider-Men 2" touches on? We might be in for some big announcements next month.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Age of Ultron 10...

THAT'S IT?! Angela shows up. And that's it. That's the big ending they've been going on about all this time. The one we were told about months ago. That's it. WTF. Who cares?

Now that the story is told, I can safely that's the worst "crossover" they've done in the past decade of Bendis Marvel. So basically there's no more time travel now... not that there was a lot of it before now. What an incredible disappointment.

And after the opening issues of Hitch art, the art was very average as well.

4. Guy Gardener

Angela showing up was advert.

I found the actual ad for the Guardians far more telling.

What I found hilarious was Snotty the Younger Hank Pym was with his codger self.

The "quake" at the end... Did that resolve there being two Wolverines and two Sue Storms? Because if it did, then there would have been no problems bringing the third Wolverine from the past too and Logan did not have to kill himself last month.

Does this mean that the Original X-Men are stuck in the present or that time grabbed them by their souls and threw them back where they belonged... Or if the two Wolverines and two invisible Woman's (even though the other Invisible woman is still most likely time travelling still in the past and had nothing to amalgamate with since without the Age of Ultron, T'Challa would never have called the FF back to the present to deal with the robot... Is the Fantastic Four stuck too?) amalgamated, then why not all Original X-Men with the current day X-Men too?

They never said that Time travel didn't work any more, just that that the Universe had been shredded and that the multiverse was leaking into itself... So they CAN time travel.. But they SHOULDN'T.

5. Admiral_Young

@Mr. Light As discussed that's not the only thing that happened in that issue...and not the only person who slipped across either :)

6. Guy Gardener

not the only person?

There are millions, billions, possibly googleplexes of USABLE cracks across the multiveses... And a literal infinite number more that are stupidly connecting one vacuum up to another vacuum a trillion trillion trillion miles away from any one that can make use of or run foul of the phenomena.

Methinks that his is an open letter from Marvel to all the little comic book companies asking them if they want to visit.

You know if Olive Oyl tries to do her thing, get two big thugs to fight over her, I'm not sure if Ben Grimm and the Hulk would actually be into a woman who has no ass.

How about they do a comic like the reality show Mob Wives, but call it Marvel Wives, or Super Villain Wives... :)

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What, Galactus appearing in the Ultimate Universe? I don't read the Ult Uni anymore. It stopped being interesting a long time ago. And Galactus already happened in the Ult Uni. So they're doing a retread of a retread. Is that supposed to be exciting?

8. Admiral_Young

^ As mentioned prior most likely the Avengers Vs Ultimates crossover that Bleeding Cool first reported during the Marvel retreat.

9. Guy Gardener

Last time ultimately wasn't he a cloud like in the awful movie?

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, this is the "real" (or "616") Galactus attacking Ultimate Earth.

11. Guy Gardener

I know that, I just don't remember what Ultimate Galactis... Galacktis looked like.

My comprehension is fine mostly, it's my memory of shit that happened 7 years ago that is going.

And now I go to google.

Oh. Not a cloud.

12. Admiral_Young

^ Yep he was a cloud thingy.

Indestructible Hulk was awesome again. Part one of the Daredevil crossover! This is still probably my favourite Marvel Now book, followed by Hickman's two Avengers books.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  13. Turtletrekker

^I'm not too fond of the new Hulk artist, but otherwise, I agree 100%. It's funny, given that both Hulk and Daredevil are written by Mark Waid, that when DD came onto the scene my first thought was that I missed an issue. "What happened to the Bullseye plot?" :lol:

I thumbed through Uncanny Avengers 9 and liked the part where Wolverine is finally called out on his X-Force hit-squad. Of course, he (and Wanda) will be forgiven. Their name isn't Scott Summers, after all.

14. Admiral_Young

I didn't mind the artist, although I do miss Lenil Yu and wondering if he'll be returning. I thought he was the perfect compliment to Waid on this book given how Waid was writing Bruce. I also like how Waid writes Maria Hill in this book and the fact that she's pretty much been made part of Bruce's supporting cast now lol.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Didn't Quesada repeatedly say there will NEVER be a 616/Ultimate crossover because if they do that they will be completely creatively bankrupt? :p

(I'm politely ignoring Spider-Men here)

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

He did, and that quote was thrown back in his face from many corners were Spider-Men was announced.

I don't see a problem with Marvel treating their multiple universes like the pre-Crisis DC multiverse.

17. Turtletrekker

I wonder if this is how they will be bringing Miguel O'Hara into Superior Spider-Man?

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Chiming in with praise for Indestructible Hulk #9, the Daredevil crossover with Waid's two books. Great read! Looking forward to seeing how
    Baron Zemo
    is going to play into this. In just a two part story no less.

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure Old Cyclopes has to actually think what he did was wrong before there can be forgiveness.

20. Guy Gardener

2 part story?

Yeah right.

Daredevil is there for 2 issues, this guy has to stick around.

Banner does not have a nemesis.

The Hulk has plenty, but Banner?

So does any one think that the Hulk has been hypnotically/telepathically conditioned to do what Daredevil says?

"That was quick."

Oh...

And as for ongoing thrill of their possibly being two Sue Richards, I think the temporal refugee should call her self either the Invisible Widow or the Invisible Single Girl.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013