How much time passes between TMP and TWoK?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Amasov, Mar 21, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The TMP-TWOK and the Post STV-pre-STIV eras are my favorites. Spock is alive, and there are some good novels in that era.

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Not really. Ignoring what some novels would say, there's no reason to assume that a year or two passed between Star Treks VI and VII, which would indeed place McCoy's arrival on the Enterprise in 2266 and match up with other dates given in later Trek productions.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

It's 78 year for the wave to pass twice through the area near Earth where Kirk was killed/taken. Now how long for the wave to then travel from there to the area of the Amargosa observatory and the Veridian system?

Surely it would have taken at least some time, multiple years?

:)

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I think it was implied that the Nexus sweeps quickly though a certain part of our Galaxy and then abruptly vanishes until its next appearance in 39 years.

It's even possible that the Nexus doesn't appear in the same region twice, but if you're specifically looking for it (and dedicate yourself solely towards the search), you may be able to predict where it'll show up next like Soran did.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I agree. Twenty-seven years is a pretty specific amount of time. If McCoy had said twenty-five years instead of twenty-seven, then I think that would be a lot easier to fudge, as a lot of people tend to round off when talking about how long ago something happened.

Of course, if he had said twenty-five, then the case for TUC taking place in 2291 would be a lot stronger! :lol: Personally, I agree that the launch of the Enterprise-B took place too soon after the end of TUC. The fanboy inside me kind of wishes that they'd set that portion of GEN in 2295, on the fiftieth anniversary of the launch of the original Enterprise.

6. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

"For 27 years I have been ship's surgeon aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise." says Dr. McCoy around Stardate 9522.6.

He first appeared in "Mudd's Women" (Stardate 1329.1), assuming 1.000 digits equal one solar year and after Stardate 9999.9 a new cycle begins, we should have Stardate [2]8329.1.

Too bad, one year is apparently missing but it's only one year.

Bob