Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ALF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Deb knows that he's the Bayharbour Butcher, she's said the words... but hell it's taking LaGuerta a million years to put the pieces together but she hs to be careful because she's figured out that someone close must have been in on the coverup, but frakk, that's a fricking personal shortlist.

I think that Deb might be retarded.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: well she said it herself, she is the worst detective ever.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Well, I'm thinking less about whether Dexter killed Rita and more about did Rita know or how did Rita know or what would have Rita thought, etc.

4. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Saw this on Facebook today, pretty stupid, but made me laugh. :lol:

Posting this here since it's Dexter-related.

5. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Pretty good episode last night. A LOT of stuff happened to advance the plot. I wonder what they're going to with Sirko now that he more or less knows who Dexter is and what he does?

That was an unexpected end for Louis.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

while i'm glad Louis is gone i expected more from that sidestory. i never really bought that he was pissed simply because Dexter didn't like his game.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that Louis was pissed because Dexter didn't like him. I think he was obsessed with him and when Dexter didn't reciprocate he just went nuts. Well, nuttier than he already was.

8. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

I always wondered if Louis didn't have some inkling that Dexter was a serial killer and was trying to make a connection with him. I agree, i didn't expect the ending for Louis the way it came. I thought the him vs Dexter would carry on a bit.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Did Issak shoot Louis in the eye? He stabbed that one dude in the eye last week so it looks like that's his thing.

10. Guy Gardener

Oh, it was the game. The game that said "You love me? Fuck you."

When (straight) Men say to women "I love you" a large component of that is "I am wonderful enough for you" and when she says "I just don't feel the same way about you that you do about me" what they're really saying is "I'm too wonderful for you and you're an idiot to think you're in my league, a fucking idiot, fuck off".

Platonic mancrushes work the same similarly.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this was another strong episode. The russian mobster is shaping up to be a MUCH better threat than anybody from the last two seasons, and it's always fun watching Dexter get antsy and frustrated at not having killed anybody in a while.

And of course Sarah Walker still looks as hot as always.

12. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, I cheered when Louis got offed. Suck it, you crazy little shit! :p

13. Guy Gardener

I like the actor, but wardrobe dressed him like a goof... And why was he dating a girl 10 years his junior?

14. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

He is still going to have a part to play. He was killed on Dexter's boat and there is probably evidence in his apartment that he was stalking/fucking with Dexter and/or had suspicions about him. I suspect his death is what will eventually out Dexter to everyone.

15. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Where the heck is Harrison? Hiding out with Richie Cunningham's disappeared older brother? Slipped into an alternate universe? Playing Halo 4 at a cyber cafe?
    At least mention him why doncha....

16. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's what happens with Louis:
    Dexter's boat is found somewhere, no body.
    The blood on the bottom of the boat is found, linked to Louis.
    (Maybe Deb gets someone besides Dexter to do the blood work, since this is Dexter's boat his position may legally compromise him)
    Dexter is a prime suspect when it's found out that Louis told his girlfriend that Dexter had framed him to lose his job at work... Deb is able to confirm this by remembering Dexter mailed the same package to Miami metro in the episode last. But she won't.
    And then LaGuerta will call her on it because as everyone knows, she's just waiting for the right moment to smoke Deb out of Miami metro for good.

Dexter being outed as a killer will take all season. And I suspect that each of the main characters will find out, one by one. I think by next week Deb may end up being sympathetic to Dexter and will start to try and help him. I just can't imagine them fighting against each other. As Deb says repeatedly, Dexter is "all she has."

And maybe he'll only be outed as a killer to a small group, because I'm not sure what the writers could do with a final season of Dexter if everyone knows. A season long trial? Snooze. A season long stint on death row? Unlikely. Though I'm sure Dex would hold his own in prison.

I'm glad the show is finally going in a new direction. They could have done this much earlier. It's a miracle this show is still as fresh as it is.

My only complaint so far is (and others had commented about this last week) Dex should be letting Deb know about all the shit that went down with the Trinity Killer + Rita.
    Killing off Rita was the best thing for this show!

17. Guy Gardener

The Russian Mob got rid of the body.

They have a process.

The only way they connect Louis to the boat is if someone else dies there, and they find his blood then.

He's from another city.

His girlfriend dumped him.

He got fired.

The only people going to miss him are his prostitutes.

No missing persons, no body, no problem.

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ That's good, but we have the deliberate cutaway to the blood on the floor of the Slice of Life, right?

19. Guy Gardener

That's likely.

But cleaning the boat is part of Dexter's ritual.

Maybe deb just swabs the boat because she's curious about who Dexter has been killing?

Which doesn't make much sense since they are in a zone of honesty right now, and he'd tell her if she would bother to ask.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see her helping him out, at least not yet. The impression I got from this episode is she's just going to decide to "look the other way" while he does his thing for awhile.