Deluxe soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by cbspock, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has there been any word on if they are going to release a complete soundtrack to Into Darkness? I really love that cue when the Vengeance appears, it sounded like there was a blaster beam used.

-Chris

2. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Only two films haven't gotten the Expanded Soundtrack release - STiD and NEM. Looking forward to both.

3. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

The ST'09 extended soundtrack didn't get released until June 2010 if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't expect to see it until sometime next year at the earliest.

4. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

No word on this? Wasn't the Star Trek deluxe soundtrack announced Memorial Day weekend? :(

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

There's no official release of an expanded STID soundtrack so far.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

There's the possibility that the original sound track release for STID didn't sell that well so Varese probably won't be releasing a deluxe edition anytime soon.

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Meanwhile, between Intrada and LaLaLand Records, every other Star Trek film's soundtracks have been re-released as expanded editions, since at least 2009.

We read the announcement on Memorial Day 2010 after the barbecue we hosted at my place. IndySolo was the one who found the message. I ordered my copy on 6/4/2010, ten days before it was released (I think June 4 was the day Varese opened online orders.)

I've not heard anything about a Deluxe Edition soundtrack for Star Trek Into Darkness recently, but I'd certainly buy it if it's ever released. I too had hoped an announcement would come this past weekend, but there's really nothing that should suggest or imply or demand really that it come. If Varese decides to make the album available, great. If not, it's ok. I've got the original album.

8. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

God forbid they'd've released the entire soundtrack last year and spared us the double-dipping. (That goes for recent STAR WARS prequels as well.) But they know many will pay for multiple TV GUIDE and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY covers for hot properties, so we'll get later what we'll pay for.

The present STID soundtrack was way underwhelming to me. I liked the ''Kirk kicking the warp coil'' moment, but little else. It also would've been better to have the end credits theme on it, even though it's nearly identical to 2009's end theme.

9. Stevil2001

I didn't buy the original into Darkness soundtrack because I got bit by double-dipping last time. But now that I have the Nemesis deluxe soundtrack, there's this gaping hole in my collection!

10. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

This is my exact situation. I own all the movie soundtracks in deluxe/expanded format, and have been patiently waiting for STID. I really wish there was a clear indication of intent for a SE release. If it's a no go, I'd happily pony up for the current CD.

11. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But then everyone waiting for the expanded version buys the original making it earn enough money so they release an expanded/deluxe version anyway.

12. doubleohfive

God forbid anyone have two different version of the same thing...

I get the hesitation to double-dip, but it's not like you can't re-sell the original release if you have to. eBay, Amazon Marketplace, or your local CD stores are all viable options, people.

13. Stevil2001

God doesn't forbid, but my pocketbook does.

Looking at the Marketplace costs for the soundtrack to the 2009 film suggests I would lose about $10 if I did this. Sounds great.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

:rolleyes:

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I tend to agree with doubleohfive here. Of all the things I've double-dipped on where Trek is concerned, a soundtrack would represent a drop in the bucket. :lol:

16. LOKAI of CHERON

I can honestly say I've double dipped my ass off - spending a considerable amount of money - when it comes to Star Trek. However, I can definitely do without snarky comments reference my choice, just on this occasion, to keep my wallet shut.

17. doubleohfive

Money drives the market. It's the reason Paramount knows that they can, for instance, split up all the special features for Star Trek Into Darkness across the various DVD, Blu-Ray, and digital releases -- they know we will just buy them up.

What's more, motion picture scores are becoming "collector's items." They increasingly depend on our actually purchasing them to prove to the people producing the albums that there is still a market out there for these same kinds of products. The less money we spend, the more they believe "Nobody's gonna buy this," when considering what projects to do.

The Star Trek Into Darkness soundtrack album currently available is only $11.83 on Amazon if you buy the actual CD. It's listed at $9.49 if you just download the mp3 album and it's $7.88 to get a used album.

Forgive me but if you guys are going to be this butthurt about losing out on $10 measly dollars in the eventual double-dip, I would submit that there are probably better things you could be spending your hard earned money on.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  18. LOKAI of CHERON

No, not "butthurt" at all. Slightly peeved at your totally unnecessary churlish attitude maybe.

But, I'm certainly not going to loose any sleep over it.

19. doubleohfive

I was not referring to you, specifically.

And for clarity' sake: It's simple practicality. There's no need to qualify my comments as churlish simply because we disagree.

"Lokai is white on the right side-- ALL OF HIS PEOPLE are white on the right side..." etc.

20. LOKAI of CHERON

Oh, good grief. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.