Episode of the Week: 3x15 "Yesterday's Enterprise"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Jeyl, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Oh, but they did make new uniforms for the whole cast. Sure, they weren't Starfleet uniforms and they were only used for 10 minutes for a scene that was stupid and pointless to begin with....

I think it had less to do with the movie being cheap and more to do with the producers making the worst budget choices ever.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The reused KBOP explosion says it all.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

There is no Trek movie (except for TMP) that didn't reuse footage from earlier films.

4. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

What about XI?

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Which footage was reused in First Contact?

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I was going to say the Borg cube explosion, but I checked it again and I was wrong about that.

[​IMG]

7. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

True, but Generations was the only one to use stock footage for the action climax. They even went as far to reuse two effects shots from Encounter at Farpoint.

Off the top of my head -

ST2 - Docking Enterprise, Enterprise leaving dock, Enterprise at Warp, Enterprise closeup after funeral
    ST3 - Introduction, Genesis experiment, Enterprise at warp after being stolen
    ST4 - Enterprise destroyed/Genesis, KBOP establishing shot, KBOP cloaking
    ST5 - Spacedock
    ST6 - Spacedock
    Generations - Excelsior at warp, KBOP cloaking, KBOP explosion, TNG Enterprise shots
    First Contact to Into Darkness - ???

I remember the FC trailer used a bunch of stuff from TNG, with a weird mockup of Voyager fighting a cube.

8. Jerikka Dawn

Jerikka Dawn Captain Captain

If Worf's laugh in the episode mentioned above was supposed to be a "real laugh", it was badly acted and/or directed.

Sure there has been reuse of footage. The difference with the BOP explosion is that they reused the final climactic explosion of the baddie of the previous movie that everyone just saw not more than three years prior. This wasn't just a simple reuse of footage, they used the previous movie's climactic ending frame by frame!

That's simply objectively bad and IMO, not open to opinion.