Post your "FEARS" or else...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by think, Oct 28, 2014.

1. think

think About it! Premium Member

yeah what is the greats thing ... thingy or idea.. you fear? maybe occurrence or projection that might be difficult .. say dying.. or a grand embarrassment or something you avoid in your life you never want to have happen ... again or for the first time something you know that is of the label... FEAR. FEAR - Of or just Scary you know Halloween like.

fiction stories will get read as well but not too much copy pasting because I like new things mostly yep new.. :) Interesting fantasy or scare fun.

Thanks in advance though this could be considered a writing thread they really are all writing threads.

http://www.ted.com/talks/karen_thompson_walker_what_fear_can_teach_us/transcript?language=en

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgWkUIm9Gc[/yt]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Posting in this thread.

and after some time to admit it...
    Actually, death by impalement for some reason, and not sure where it comes from. It may have started as a child, because I used to watch tv shows and movies about knights, Robin Hood, Bengal Lancers, etc. Then there's Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound (1945). I've never seen the film, only clips, but there's a scene with a character falling onto an iron fence with spikes. I've also read Hitchcock discussing the film in an interview.

Or maybe there really is something to that reincarnation business.

3. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid of ghosts and being ubducted by UFOs.

Just kidding. I'm afraid of rape, murder, abuse, poverty, disease, pain, death, taxes, and vaginas just like everybody else.

4. think

sounds like we could make a move with that as a plot..

except for the vagina part... that is a whole movie by itself. :)

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Snakes
    Severe weather
    Water damage

And...post my fears "or else"? Or else what? :eek: ;)

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I'm afraid of the day I'll finally understand a think post.

7. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Humiliation and death pretty much cover the territory.

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are actually a great deal more coherent than they used to be.

I ain't scared of shit. But I am scared of spiders.

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I once worked with a guy who was scared to death of spiders, to the point of standing on his chair to get away from them. The odd part was, he was also a volunteer fireman, so he must have been in more dangerous situations before.

10. think

thanks for the vote of confidence much appreciated.. but well coherence and understanding do not go hand and hand ,, I guess.

anyway

And it is with the spider that I can see a prominent spider gene standing out in some people. You know their genetic background includes more spider then chicken or something ... they have "spider" mannerisms and such.

or else ---What?

or else NOT. :)

11. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Suffering

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Getting trapped/stuck in a confining space. As in arms pinned to my sides and unable to scoot forward or back to get out. By extension of that, suffocation while in such a state.

Worst nightmare I had in the last couple years was exactly this situation. Woke up to find my self tangled up in the sheets/comforter and having a panic attack.

Anything remotely like this is pretty much the only time I've had a panic response manifest.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

This is my fear, too.

[​IMG]

14. steveda19

steveda19 Lieutenant Commander

This!
    [​IMG]
    Even that poor cat is scared

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah premature burial has always scared the shit out of me, and like you say being trapped in a confined space (one of the reasons The Descent is one of my favourite horror films, even before the monsters show up!)

16. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If any two of my ex-girlfriends got teamed up and became buddies. This would scare out of me The Living Daylights. And if they went to my mother talking trash about what a skunk (they think) I am ... I don't even want to think about that. I can't let myself ...

17. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Ain't that the truth! But I'll add a couple of my own anyway...

The major one: Alzheimer's or any other kind of dementia.
    The relatively minor one: knives and other sharp/bladed things.

18. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to have a thing about thinking I'd die in my sleep every time I went to bed. I grew out of it, but every once in a while when I'm getting ready for sleep I'll think about it and get shivers for a second or two.

19. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I am scared of shit. Well, at least those huge, foot-long turds that refuse to flush. Could there be sentient poop? :eek:

20. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went in the bathroom to Release the Spirit™, one day at work, and there was a foot long turd in there. This was Employees Only, so that made it even scarier, because it had a diameter over 2 inches, I'd say - probably more. And presumably, it had been there a while, because it was sort of peeling in an odd, waterlogged way. In my foolishness, I did try to flush it, but this monster was too solid! It just spun like a bottle, in some kissing game. I reported it, because I didn't want it to get lodged in the throat of the toilet and cause an overflow, by someone else later. (The source of the offending obstical was never discovered, though I had my suspicions.) So a friend of mine there ended up getting the task of chopping this log up with a wire hanger. Better him than Me, I said! Hell, I'll still say it ...