50th Anniversary Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Wouldn't you think that it would just be easier for them to release the comic-con trailer than make a new one, given that they have to promote the thing at some stage anyway?

2. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, sure. (Although they'll be making multiple trailers of varying lengths anyway; they always do.) But apparently giving a few thousand nerds a thrill of exclusivity is worth it.

I imagine the Comic-Con trail will end up on whatever home video release the anniversary special gets, so it's not like it's a total loss.

3. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully if we whine hard enough the BBC will release it. I'm so starved for Doctor Who that I've been rubbing EDAs against my lips for a quick fix.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^too much information

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

And companies wonder why things get leaked or pirated...Just release the dam trailer.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I'm sure a condensed version of the experience of the doctor who 2013 comic con will be on a DVD.

7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

That comment looks like something one would find in the editorial section of that esteemed Newspaper, the Daily Mail.

Anyway, doesn't BBC America or Worldwide pay for the jolly each year to Comic Con, ergo, said trailer was funded by BBC America or Worldwide and not BBC Proper out of Broadcasting House.

Meaning that no license fee payers money was actually used in sending the cast and crew to San Diego, putting them up in a plush hotel, nor was the money used to edit the trailer and broadcast it at the largest geek event in the world.

Of course, LF money was used to film the original product, but that's just by the by.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

BBC America does, yes.

Same with the BBC America documentaries (like Doctor Who In America) or the Doctor Who Revisited series; license fee money went into the raw footage, but BBC America finished it off. :)

9. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:techman:
    +1
    Asylum is one of the worst of the new series. The only new series one worse is Moffats other one, Victory.
    That's a good point actually. Well I wouldn't mind them being in both though. ;)

I just hope they use a classic villain for the regeneration at least, I think a modern villain finishing the 50th anniversary year and finishing Smiths time on the show wouldn't really do the show justice.