Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, though I miss the days when Beast was a good guy.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

He sees himself as a realist. After Genosha, well…

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Avengers Mech Strike really was pretty bad. I'm trying to decide if I really expected otherwise.

And I still haven't tried again to read X of Swords and am therefore getting even further behind on the mutant stuff.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Just got round to United States of Captain America.

Jeez, the writing for the main strip is pretty poor, but the backup strips really are amateur hour.

I didn't like Ta-Nehisi Coates recent run very much, but come back, all is forgiven !

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, at least you read unlike a lot of critics.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Seems cool with me as long as they don't screw up the Marvel collections we have coming out so they don't get finished.

8. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Took a bit of a break and catching up on some of the stuff leading to Devils Reign. DD is one book I'm enjoying at the moment, and I've never been that big a DD fan.

P.S. Wow, I was pretty happy to see Slott's Iron Man run end, but you really should be careful what you wish for...

Edit : Anyone know what Marvels planning for their teen characters ? Runaways, Champions, Riri, Miss Marvel, they've all gone AWOL. Is there anything in the pipeline ?

A new Miss Marvel MCU show would suggest there is.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  9. Alidar Jarok

They've been doing miniseries for Ms. Marvel for a little while now. I think the idea is the book does better outside the direct market so they'll just do some miniseries (leading to trades) to keep the book going without overdoing it until a relaunch around May (for the new series).

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I swore I saw something about a new Champions series on the Marvel website, but I looked through their comics news yesterday, and I couldn't find anything, so maybe not.
    America Chavez just got a miniseries that ended in August, and I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up somewhere around the time Multiverse of Madness comes out.
    Riri Williams is also going to be in both Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and her own Disney+ show, so she should probably show up somewhere later this year too.

Relayer1 likes this.
  11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Thanks !

I'm reading The Mighty Valkyries at the moment and...absolutely loving it !

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a little confused, Marvel just announced a new Thunderbolts team, but most of the characters on the team are already heroes. I thought the whole idea behind the Thunderbolts was that they were basically Marvel's Suicide Squad, with them all being former villains now going good, but this new team includes characters like Hawkeye (Barton), Spectrum, and America Chavez, who are all heroes.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yeah, kind of betrays the concept. Villains pretending to be heroes and then villains becoming heroes.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hawkeye led the thunderbolts yonks ago.

The Avengers sued the Great Lakes Avengers for theft of likeness.

If Jarvis tells Clint to quit it with building Avengers outlet after Avengers outlet... At least this is a name he has some familiarity with.

15. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still getting the main X-Men book to see how the Cyclops/Ben Eurich stuff pans out, but otherwise - with Hickman done with Inferno and stepping back - I cancelled my orders for the other X books. My wallet has thanked me.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where is Jono going next?

A drive by on Moon Knight.

Just a mini, and a lot of people are doing Moon Knight to capitalize on the Disney + series.

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I notice that "lives of Wolverine" has brought back the idea that Black Widow is about 90 or so - something that was soft retconned out a few years ago.

18. Alidar Jarok

The original concept was villains pretending to be heroes for villainous reasons but some of them secretly liking it. The team ended up getting led by Hawkeye at one point, so that part makes sense.

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Well, tried and failed to read X of Swords again - what is that, three or four attempts ? My last attempt, certainly.

Bailed and headed straight to the final 'Destruction' issue and will try to catch up with the mutant books from there...

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

And I didn't.

However, the dire X of Swords having been skipped, I'm really rather enjoying the spread of post Swords mutant books, and even quite liked Cable.

Which surprised the hell out of me.