Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

3. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

Oh, you mean like when Paramount was releasing the Trek movies on DVD containing only the movie (not even the trailers on the disc) and charging more than a comparable movie with bonus features (sometimes 2 discs), only to have them release "Director's Editions" and "Special Collector's Editions" later on to milk more money out of the fans?

And I'm not just an Abrams fan, junior. I'm a Star Trek fan.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Exactly. You beat me to the punch. I am not happy with how this marketing fiasco turned out and as a result cancelled my order with Amazon. That being said, I still fully intend on buying the movie because I enjoyed the ride. I just can't say, at this point, whose copy I'll get - or when I'll get it. I still believe retailer incentives should be limited to tangible items packaged in with the discs - not the 'special feature' videos themselves.

5. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

And if you don't make the fans happy then your future product will not be received well. I mean making the fans happy is your bread and butter. If it weren't for Star Trek fans the movies would not be here in the first place. Keep your fans happy should be #1 priority and the $ will follow.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.

7. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

I won't. I'll have what I wanted from the release, and that's the movie. You know, the reason for the disc in the first place?

I usually only watch the bonuses once or maybe twice. After that, I hardly ever look at them. I want the movie, I'll be getting it on the 10th, and enjoy it at home.

8. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.

9. imranbecks

imranbecks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm still not going to cancel my pre-order for the blu ray limited edition gift set as i feel that for the price, its a good deal as it comes with a prop replica of the phaser from the movie. Getting the prop replica on its own will cost about double the retail price of the bluray.

10. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Has anyone bought the version on blu ray from the sainsburys in the UK.??? I've got the villian set from play.com but I've heard that sainsburys blu ray version has a bonus DVD disk with extras on ??

11. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Yes, the Sainsbury's set has the extra disc. It's the same as the Target extras covered in the TrekCore review.

12. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

I looked up the disc contents right over on Sainsbury's website. They list Gag Reel as one of the extras included on the disk. I was not aware that anyone including Target had the Gag Reel.

Can anyone verify that the Target version has the Gag Reel because that is not the impression I got after reading over things?

thanks because this stuff is really confusing and quite frankly annoying and ridiculous amongst other things.

13. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

...and so you continue to promulgate our powerlessness with defeatism instead of advocating a movement to pressure the studios to change their marketing cynicism. If TrekCore represents fan interests, it has the responsibility to represent all fans, both those who will buy and those who would rather effect change. Yes, even if that means you get fewer click-throughs to "Buy From Amazon" to support your site.

This is your opportunity to explain to us how we could help you do that or how to do it on our own in addition to simply not buying.

14. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

As far as I know, there is no gag reel on any disc - that's a new one to me.

15. Gsam

I feel like I am going slowly insane. I went on Sainsbury's site a few days ago after seeing a image on tumblr that credited it from being the Sainsbury's version. I am here in the USA and went online to their site. I swear I saw gag reel because I went back several times to check it out and make sure I wasn't seeing things. '

It isn't on the list of extras now but I am sure it was a few days ago.

So my question is this in all the world with all its versions is there a gag reel?

16. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Well, I'm sure if all 25 of the people who post in this forum boycott, Paramount will be crippled.

The internet will never be the superweapon that lazy people want it to be.

17. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

You may be thinking of the "Safety First" feature (found on the CinemaNow/Best Buy features), where it shows the cast playing a practical joke on their co-stars.

18. Gsam

this maybe entirely true but I have cinema now as an app on my tv because I purchased from bestbuy. So I watched that and very much enjoyed the neutron cream practical joke portion.

I guess true or not is there a bloopers or gag reel available other than neutron cream joke portion played on cumby, cho and urban?

19. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I don't deny the realistic analysis. I just don't appreciate leaving out the alternatives as if there are none.

20. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

So, is there a Blue ray version of this movie that gives you the most bang for your buck? I really would like to boycott this decision, but I doubt it's seriously going to matter. I'm guessing that the "whole" blue ray will not be available for at least a year or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.