What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

:D

I've been on the Pritikin program for about 3 days and have become rather good at fixing dinners that are exceptionally healthy. :D

Last night we had grilled (George Foreman grill) pork loin, basted in a garlic pepper sauce that I made using the Pritikin recipe guide, diced broccoli, and no salt corn.

By the way, potato soup and fresh bread sound very good. It's been ages since I've eaten fresh bread. We usually settle on the cheap stuff, although recently the only bread I will buy is no sugar, low carb, low sodium bread. Now if only I could find bread that isn't 100 calories a slice, and is not expensive!

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches & potato salad.

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Soup beans, fried potatoes, corn bread (all done my way).

Calories per serving: 380
    Fat: 2g
    Sugar: 1g
    Carbohydrate: 27g
    Sodium: 310mg
    Fiber: 12g
    Protein: 7g

4. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Homemade pizza.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Pork tenderloin, broccoli-cheese rice and salad with black cherry dressing. Good stuff, man.

6. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Some really bad Pizza Hut pizza. Crust was way too doughy. Usually the hand-tossed isn't that bad but this last time, eugh.

It was also a bit undercooked. One thing I hate about delivered pizza it when they don't cook it long enough. If the crust is barely brown around the edges, it's not done, folks.

7. Diddle

Diddle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pancakes

8. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

skinless boneless chix breast w/ steamed veggies - hubs on new low-cholesterol diet. I dreamt of pancakes and bacon last night . . .

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Pepperoni pizza from Little Caesar's.

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Tonight will probably be some steamed Nathan's hot dogs.

God, this business of my wife being up in Madison, 90 miles away, 5 days a week is for the dogs. :(

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Steak burritos at Taco Bell

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went to Denny's last night and ordered another French Toast Slam. I've become addicted to their French Toast surprisingly since it's Denny's but it's really fantastic.

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

After all the talk in the other thread about deep frying i dug out the deep fryer, cleaned its, added fresh oil and made Pie and chips last night.......brilliant.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yesterday - a big bowl of cereal just before going to bed because I was on-call for work & so got stuck with solving various problems and didn't have any time to get anything else to eat until then!

Had a fry-up this morning to make up for it, and planning on a big, boozy meal tonight to set me up for the weekend. :D

15. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I don't even know if I ate dinner last night, but I did eat some random granola bar late at night so that might as well count!

Tonight I'm going to attempt to make some sort of salad with flank steak, and I'm going to eat lots of cherry tomatoes. I wish I could eat tomatoes every day of the week!

16. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed on tomatoes. When they're good, they're food from the gods. But they're so disappointing in the stores. In season, I'm always buying them at farmer's markets. Take a big old slice of tomato and put it in between two slices of white bread with some mayonnaise and a little salt. Yum!

Or, fried green tomatoes. Whenever we make those, they never make it to the table. We eat them straight off the cooling rack.

On topic, last night, home alone for various reasons, I made myself shrimp and grits. (A home alone thing because no one else in my family will eat it.)

17. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

A couple of sunny-side up eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast.

18. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

My roommate situation has undergone a drastic, welcome, and wonderful change over the past there months. I still live with the 6 foot 4 gay Trekkie, but the crazy raver bitch and creepy hermit are gone and replaced by two lovely young ladies. One of them, Italian and direct from Florence, made spaghetti tonight. They really do know how to do food, those Italians. We ate that and then youtubed sexy actors and watched foreign erotica for hours. All in all, a lovely Friday night in.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

More chowdah. Just like tonight. :drool:

20. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some very, very good chicken tacos from a Mexican place that I didn't know we had in town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.