Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Maybe Kris Holden Reid can have a cameo on that show. That might make him one of the first ever actors to be a werewolf 3 times over.

I'm currently 8 episodes into my Season 3 DVDs. I'm definately enjoying Lauren more this season than I have before. I think that Zoie Palmer & the writers have both finally figured out who the character is and have decided to run with it. And the results are really cute! I'm still not sure I'm sold on Bo & Lauren as a couple, though.

Tamsin is a bitch but she's kind of a fun bitch.

Need more Kenzi. But then, everything needs more Kenzi. Kenzi needs more Kenzi. (Good thing I got an episode with 2 Kenzis. ;) )

And I was pleasantly surprised to see "There's Bo Place Like Home." I'd been asking for an episode like that almost since the show began.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Tamsin still around in the new season?

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yup, she is.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good, I like Rachel Skarsten, and I liked the character last season.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah same here. Tamsin just cracks me up. :D
    OTOH I wouldn't care if they killed off Lauren right now.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My only problem with Lauren was that when Bo was with her, it meant she wasn't with Dyson. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a big Boson shipper.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Do you prefer photons, gluons, intermediate vector, or Higgs?

I like Bo and Lauren together, but Bo and Tamsin have great sexual chemistry, and Rachel Skarsten is incredibly hot, so I'm rooting for that pairing. As for Dyson, I never liked him much.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah me too. :D

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

So I'm the only one who a) still likes Lauren and b) still likes Lauren and Bo together?

:shrug: Been there before...

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Well I barely tolerate Lauren and I've never liked her with Bo. But I'm sure there are a lot of people that like them together.

11. The Borgified Corpse

^Indeed, I'd venture to say that the vast majority of Lost Girl's internet fandom consists of Doccubus shippers.

I'm much more pro-Lauren now than I was before. I think they've found some ways to make the character absolutely adorable. And I think she & Bo actually have some great physical chemistry with each other. I just don't think they're on the same wavelength mentally.

While I'm starting to warm up to Tamsin slightly, I'm not yet seeing the actual sparkage between her & Bo.

I still can't get over how perfect Bo & Dyson looked with each other in "(Dis-)Members Only."

But frankly, there's still a part of me hoping that Kenzi will eventually expand her horizons.;)

Which ones are cheaper than "day rates"?:p

12. RJDiogenes

I like Lauren and I like her with Bo. But I like everyone with everyone. This is Lost Girl, after all. Everybody should get at least one shot at everyone else. :rommie:

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I admit, that would be awesome to see. Maybe "A Very Special Orgy episode of Lost Girl"? :angel:

14. RJDiogenes

When the series ends it would make a great climax.

15. The Borgified Corpse

Well, I finally finished Season 3. I'd been holding off for a while because I wanted to drag things out and savor them. But then I lost patience and finished the remaining 5 episodes in 2 days. Doh!

And this is even worse than the last time. Season 2 mostly just ended by resolving lots of stuff. Season 3's finale is nothing but cliffhangers.:eek: I mean, seriously, Trick is the only character that I don't still have major questions about at the end of the episode. (And maybe Dyson. I seriously doubt he's in any particular jeopardy.)

I'm starting to warm up a little more to Tamsin. She's still got attitude but she's not so much of a bitch anymore. I'm still not sure I see the sparkage between her & Bo though.

Besides, after "The Ceremony," I'm more of a Boson 'shipper than ever. I mean, Bo clearly likes Lauren. But when she's standing in front of Dyson when he finally admits that he loves her again, there are freakin' stars in her eyes!

BTW, speaking of Tamsin, I was just watching "The Girl Who Fae'd with Fire" from Season 2. In that episode, one of the random clan elders attending the party is named Tamsin. There's also this line from Kenzi when she first meets Hale's sister Val: "Is that short for Valerie? Or because you're a Valkyrie?" (It doesn't actually mean anything but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.)

16. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Somehow I missed this announcement

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/22/syfy-announces-2014-premiere-dates-for-opposite-worlds-bitten-being-human-lost-girl-helix-and-more/217544/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

With the return of Lost Girl and the start of Helix... I'm really looking forward to January even though we won't have Sleepy Hollow for a year or OuaT for three (?) months.

Oh... and I have to admit, I like Boson, Doccubus and am intrigued by the Valkyrie.

As for Kenzi... keep her as best friend forever. :bolian:

Some things ARE sacred, afterall! :p

17. Christopher

Lost Girl at 8 PM? Isn't it more of a later-evening kind of thing?

I'm sad that LG is actually the only thing on the midseason lineup that I'm interested in watching.

18. RJDiogenes

Being Human is coming back, too. That's a great show. And I have hopes for Bitten.

I hope Lost Girl being on at 8pm doesn't mean they will water it down.

19. Christopher

I lost interest in it quite a while ago. Too dark for me. And I'm just so sick of vampire stories. When I was watching the original UK series, I liked the stuff with the ghost and the werewolf okay, but all the vampire-politics stuff bored me completely. (Although I'm enjoying NBC's Dracula limited series okay.)

I've never liked Laura Vandervoort much.

Last season, on their Canadian imports, Syfy bleeped language at 8 PM that they left unbleeped at 10 PM. So yeah, there may be cause for concern about censorship.

20. RJDiogenes

Really? That's interesting. You know me: I have no patience with the dark stuff and it doesn't strike me that way at all. As for the Vampire politics, I agree that that's not the series' strongest attribute, especially to the degree they've gone a couple of times. The show is best when it's intimate and personal.

I don't know who that is, or much else about the show, except that it stars a Werewolf.

That sucks. I hate censorship.