Warehouse13"Nevermore" Discussion,and Grading thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Buck Rogers, Sep 16, 2009.

?

What do you think of thw writing and acting of this episode

Poll closed Sep 26, 2009.
  1. Excellent

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Above average

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Good

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Poor

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well you all know the drill pipe in with what ever thoughts you may have of this episode.

Poll is following this post.

Signed

Buck Rogers

2. Buck Rogers

I chose Excellent for both the writing and the acting.

I listed good for the poe based suspense of how the episode was directed.

I think that Macpherson is one crazy ex- Warehouse 13 agent,but cannot wait for the season finale next week.
    Let's hope the series creators have a good meeting to launch early season 2.

Signed

Buck Rogers

3. Arlo

Arlo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good solid ep. Nice to see Hogan playing a "regular" person, but I kept expecting him to yell "fraaaaaaaak" a few times :)

4. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

Great stuff - the whole MacPherson angle really brought it up from the slight 'dip' in the whole family tragedy thing. To me the characters did seem a bit flat. The pen thing seemed promising - as well as the "On the ashes of the first twelve warehouses" that Mrs. Fredrickson stated.

5. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

I rated it above average. I loved seeing Michael Hogan as Myka's dad - he certainly fills the bill of "Great Santini" type of dad - and Macpherson was a credible and interesting threat.

The dialogue from the leads was a little cliched in places, and you could see the bit with Dad's novel coming from a mile away (also, guys - if you are going to write up something that's supposed to be a man's great unpublished work, do a better job on the text. Didn't your writing instructors tell you, no passive voice!) The artifact's properties were also a little over the top to me; it's stuff like this that makes me wish they would drop the whole "electromagnetic energy" nonsense and just call it magic.

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Nice cliffhanger ending, enjoyed the story. My son loved it too, as he's discovered the coolness of Poe.

Solidly above average... for SyFy

7. Buck Rogers

Keep them coming folks one more episode to go can't we stand the suspense of finding out where Macpherson is hiding the artifacts he's stollen or is Claudia a plant to distract them further tune in next week for the thrilling chapter "Macpherson",and less than a year to see a new season.

Signed

Buck Rogers

8. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 1 is rapidly drawing to a close. The show has been renewed for a second season. But when will that begin? Next summer?

9. Buck Rogers

Bad Bishop,

According to SyFy Channel it's scheduled for summer,but since Season 1 has a strong viewership of 4.4 million as last reported,and if you were to look it up on either the episode guide on Yahoo or its main site on SyFy that episode we've just saw last week is episode 1 of season two,this coming Tuesday is the season final episode called "Macpherson",and is Roger Rees a hoot playing that role.
    Anyway if those 4.4 million viewers were to flood SyFy with a lot of e-mails to change their minds about airing it in the summer,maybe we could have them start it winter season through spring season like a normal series.

Let me know if you agree with this

Signed

Buck Rogers

10. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa, are you saying that one of this season's eps was supposed to be for Season 2? Does that mean they have more episodes in the can right now?

Anyway, I hate the idea of waiting until next July for new episodes. At worst, they should bring the show back in January.