Shameless Whoring: Ward & Dilmore @ ST: The Experience!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Dayton Ward, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

What a team!

2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Dammit, wish I could afford Vegas in May. I love Vegas, and I'm definately a fan of your Trek books.

When are you guys gonna do a UK visit?

3. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ Well, it's not as though we're uninterested in traveling abroad. I've never been to the UK, or any other European destination, for that matter (all of my worldly travel to date has been Pacific-based.), and it's certainly on my list of things to do. :)

Indeed, I had to decline an incredibly generous offer to attend a Trek con in Germany next month. They even were going to cover my hotel/travel expenses, but I had to say no due to a scheduling conflict. I was bummed about that for days.

So, one of these days....

4. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

That's a pity. Hopefully "one of those days" isn't too far in the future.

5. Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson Writer Captain

Unfortunately, the conditions of their parole forbids them from going to any country that serves schnitzel . . .

6. Lorraine Anderson

Lorraine Anderson Writer Red Shirt

To **** with Vegas in May. I wish I could get to Shore Leave!

7. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I'm hoping maybe next year for Shore Leave. I'd love to see what the flying zucchini brothers (staring the wardmore twins) do for their act.

8. Kevin Dilmore

Kevin Dilmore Captain Captain

Speaking of schnitzel servers, Keith's been uncharacteristically quiet on this thread.

Bubba D.

9. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ The terms of the restraining order are very precise....

10. Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson Writer Captain

Yes, sadly, KRAD's schnitzel serving days are on hold until a more progressive administration takes certain restrictive and outdated breaded cutlet laws off the books. And don't even get me started on the limitations imposed by the rather prudish Frankfurter-Wurst Act of 1885. Granted, KRAD has found a workaround in the Boroughs by using kielbasa, but that doesn't make it right.

11. Amy Sisson

Amy Sisson Writer Captain

"The Wardmore Twins"... I like it! Reminds me of the Olsen twins, only more masculine.

Sort of.

12. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Amy, do you get kickbacks for causing us to need brain bleach or something?

13. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm usually over in Astrometrics-fanfic but I was bored and popped in. Funny commentary kept me reading this thread and then I glanced at some of the names.:eek:

I've put more than a few bucks in y'alls pockets. Thanks for the fun reads!:bolian:

14. KRAD

^ Welcome to the loony bin. :D

15. Kevin Dilmore

Kevin Dilmore Captain Captain

Have ya SEEN Ashley lately? I've yet to look as manly.

Hotcha!
    Bubba D.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  16. Mistral

Any of you going to Vegas in August? Around the 9th there's a Trek con-and that's my birthday. If you all are planning to attend I'd be more than happy to have you buy me a drink:lol:.
    Seriously, I like to travel light but will bend my own rules to carry book(s) for signing if any of the esteemed authors in this thread plan to be around that weekend.:)

17. KRAD

If you mean the Creation show in August, fat chance there being any authors there. Creation isn't real big on having mere writers attend their hallowed events.

18. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ Well, unless they're an actor who writes something on the side. That way, Creation can still sell glossy 8x10s in addition to soiling the signing tables with actual books.

19. KRAD

Yeah, I remember someone trying to convince me that Creation booked authors all the time. The examples he gave were William Shatner, Armin Shimerman, Andrew Robinson, and Judy & Gar Reeves-Stevens (when the latter were on staff of Enterprise). I pointed out that those folks were not there because they wrote books....

20. Mistral

Bummer! I actually don't know what the thing is called-I got a flyer at the ST thing in Long Beach and noticed the dates coincided with my "special day". Its a good excuse to leave the child with Grammie and go gamble-plus I've never made it to a con before. Been (almost) trying for years but something always comes up-this time I'm going to make it stick. Shame if they won't have any of the people that I actually respect there.