Latest Marvel DVD: Hulk vs.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CaptainCanada, Jul 27, 2008.

1. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Marvel's next direct-to-DVD project, Hulk vs., is kind of an interesting format; two approximately 40-minute stories on the same DVD, one pitting the Hulk against Wolverine, the second against Thor.

Hulk vs. Wolverine

They're using the same voice as in Wolverine and the X-Men and various videogames; he's quite good. Also, blood!

Looks like they went for a version of Wolverine's original costume when he appeared in The Incredible Hulk (though the whiskers are understandably omitted, given they look rather silly).

Hulk vs. Thor

Hulk in Asgard (which is apparently a big deal deal, which, really, Odin could snap his fingers, but whatever). As with the Wolverine portion, fairly literal costume translation; Kirby's original Asgardian costumes for Thor and Sif are a bit goofy (and would never work in live action), but they have a certain flare when done well. It's cool to see characters like Sif and Valkyrie.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks cool. I'm rooting for Wolvie. :)

Remember, though, that there's also Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow coming up before Hulk Vs. You can see the trailer here.

3. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

A Hulk vs Wolverine movie should last about 5 seconds. Sorry Logan, but you're Hulk food.

4. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

He was created to be a Hulk opponent, so there's some precedent (he doesn't appear to be doing particularly well, anyway).

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This sounds like a great idea, espescially if the animation is high quality. To me, the Hulk is only good for smacking around other Marvel heroes ;)

6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Hulk's hair looked silly, but that's a minor quibble. It was cool to see Thor shouting. :D

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Lionsgate has announced a precise release date for Hulk Versus: January 13th, 2009.

They've also announced that they're aiming to release the following title, Thor: Tales of Asgard, in September 2009.

8. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

YaY! Now I'm just waiting for Hulk Vs. Predator Vs. Jason Vs. Robocop.

9. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Word is Planet Hulk is set to pop up in February 2010.

10. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    Wolverine seemed kind of breaky. Is Hulk casually breaking Adamantium now? Next we'll see him beat down Galactus.

11. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Where's Ash? My money is on Ash!

12. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

You're talking about a guy who can punch through a planet when he gets pissed off enough, a few centimeters of adamantium shouldn't be a problem even if it is supposed to be one of the hardest metals known.

Wolvie can take a beating and practically come back from the dead, but he's simply not capable of damaging the Hulk enough to stop him. Wolvie is tough, but he's not in the same class as Hulk.

Hulk vs. Galactus might be interesting actually, I don't think he'd win but he could probably cause Galactus a lot of trouble. Could he even take on the SS? For that matter, Hulk as Herald with the power cosmic? :eek:

13. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Zombie Hulk, along with a few other Zombie characters, including Spider-Man and Iron Man, possesses the Power Cosmic after devouring the Silver Surfer and Galactus.