Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I supposed it's inevitable that some people are going to pick up Naked Heat or one of other books without picking up on the TV connection . . . .

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

But then again if they like the Heat books they may dig up the news that they are a sort if in-story books of a TV show and might check out the show.. cross promotion at its best ;)

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I have to say I'm not really looking forward to next week's episode. Didn't they already do an episode where he was a suspect?

4. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, there are three Derrick Storm novellas now, at least (eBook exclusive, though).

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Yeah, it was the Season 3 premiere. I'm sure it'll somehow be different enough, plus they get to play the emotional angle this time now that Castle and Beckett are a couple.

6. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought my wife the first Nikki Heat book, and she's read the next one. We love the show and both get a kick out of the way they pretend Castle is real for the books. Talk about the best kept secret around.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I'm only 43 minutes in, but wow, what an episode! The sense of impending doom is palpable and the acting from both Fillion and especially Katic has been top notch.

I won't go into spoilers, but either ABC or Time Warner cable froze up for a couple minutes during the big confrontation in the holding cell, which made me yell at the screen. I think I got most of it, but I'm going to have to watch the episode again.

Anyway, it's back from commercial now, but I just wanted to drop by to say that things have been fantastic so far.

8. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I thought it was good. The whole shift of tone was radically different from the other episodes before it. Castle really didn't like being on the other side of the law. It was really touching that Beckett still believed him.

I thought the way that Espisito learned of Beckett/Castle was anti-climatic. Castle does have a flip side. It's kind of nice that Castle (the show) can change from the doom type episodes to the light/comedic ones.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Andrew Marlowe wrote yesterday's episode and I was impressed. I was a little wary of the concept but it turned out to fantastic. As mentioned above, terrific acting performances from Nathan and Stana. The entire gang turned in great performances. Marlowe's ability to build up tension is really good. Plus the score was sensational as usual. I'm really looking forward to the comic con episode next week, Jonathan Frakes directed as well IIRC.

10. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode last night, and teriffic acting from Nathan and Stana. I wish they would have put a finality to this story line though, it would have been a great way to for it to go out.I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. A year or so ago on Kevin Pollack's Chat Show Nathan said that he pitched a comic con idea.

11. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

We were pre-empted for local storm coverage. :(

12. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anybody catch the name on the fake badge that he used in the holding cell scene was J. Rook? I noticed that before I noticed it was him

13. FPAlpha

Holy Shit

When the writers aim for drama they hit.. damn that was one tense and awesome episode.

In a dedicated Castle board people talked about it being a 3XK episode after the Sneak Peeks came out and more info about the episode.. it certainly fit his style and damn did i yell out when he finally revealed himself (of course we as the viewer and TV show experienced there was no way it was really Castle).

Really set up well and this episode made 3XK even more of a menace than the other episodes.. fortunately Castle is his match and he proved to be pretty ingenious about his escape. It was also "fun" to see Castle be scared for his life.. quite a departure from his usual carefree attitude.

And the way he pulled of a Chuck.. emptying the gun into 3XK's chest was just awesome.. Fillion channeled Malcolm Reynolds pretty well in that scene ;)

Outstanding episode by everyone involved and pretty sure to make quite some Castle episode Top 10 lists.

14. Kirby

^ Between Castle and Beckett they emptied the gun in his chest, and obviously he was wearing a vest so why didn't they give him one in the head just for good measure? Ughhh... I'm thinking about starting a telecom company and call it 'Burner Phone' just to capitalize on weekly free advertising from the show.

15. FPAlpha

Yeah well.. when you're firing to save a loved one's life you may not think like a Navy Seal :lol:

Loved Castle's intuition when he saw through 3XK's plan.. it was his weapon after all. I'm no gun expert but can you distinguish shell casings of real bullets from blanks?

Looking forward to the next 3XK episode :techman:

I was a bit disappointed that the gang found out about Castle and Beckett this way.. i was hoping for some funny hijinks but it worked in the context of the show and the case made it pretty much impossible to hide their relationship once Castle became a suspect.

16. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Ammo manufacturers intentionally make blanks very easy to distinguish from real bullets so shooters won't make silly mistakes like loading the wrong type of ammo. For instance, for the M-16 blanks are made from some kind of black plastic whereas real bullets have a broze looking metallic casing. So yeah blank casings are easily distinguishable from real bullet casings.

17. FPAlpha

Well.. i guess 3XK knows about this and may have loaded the bullets himself.

18. Kirby

Well they still need to keep the information away from Mr. Roper, errrr, Captain Gates, so crazy hijinks could still ensue.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Blanks have no recoil. Anyone shooting a blank knows it immediately. Of course there's a chance someone who doesn't shoot, like Castle, wouldn't realize what recoil is supposed to feel like.

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I'm sure Castle has fired a gun before.