Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Just wanted to say....

Caskett is canon!!! :guffaw:

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: Yep. *And I still dislike that term :p. It sounds like something that belongs in a funeral :lol:.*

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yes! I knew that would get a response here!

Loved the "Murder She Wrote" gag, too.

4. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I laughed at that nod as well.

The whole episode was rather funny. I liked how the secret was kept by one detective and how the two were completely bored without a crime to solve.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I was in stitches when Castle said that! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Its more like they were turned on by solving murders.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

He did say 'serenity' too.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That episode had me rolling. I thought it was all kinds of fun. The out-of-his-depth police chief, Beckett's desperation to keep their relationship secret, Castle's unwillingness to let the mystery go (and then Beckett doing the same thing later), Ryan and Esposito digging into Beckett's private life because they just have to have some kind of case to solve... I enjoyed it from start to finish.

I especially liked that Ryan didn't reveal the secret to Esposito in the end. He really is a softie. :p

8. The Green Mushroom

The Green Mushroom Commander Red Shirt

I'm starting to get into into the series and really liked this week's episode.

But, having lived on Long Island, an hour west of the Hamptons my whole life a few things kept pulling me out of the story.

• The Hamptons are actually three separate towns, not one town like the show implied. They would all have Town Supervisors instead of mayors.
    • While each town has its own police force, they all contract with the county police department to handle homicides and other major crimes.
    • Town cops are called officers, not deputies
    • And every time they were on the beach or at the marina, I kept waiting to see the sun in the wrong place as a result of shooting the episode on the wrong coast.
    Now that that the totally unwanted lesson on geography and politics is over, I did like the episode.

9. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I loved this episode. Ryan's questioning is one of my favorite act breaks EVER.

The show feels fresh again. After last season, I am REALLY happy again with the show. I was worried, but, it feels that them getting together has done wonders for the show.

Well done.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Great episode all around. I especially liked how Ryan found out. Great scene!

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I need to catch up on the last two episodes. Looks like I've missed out on the fun! Not sure if anyone is interested but Peter David is writing a "Castle" mini-series called "Calm Before the Storm", I assume it's a comic adaptation of the book?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  14. Greg Cox

Nah, the books feature "Nikki Heat," the character Castle based on Beckett and is supposedly writing now.

But the graphic novels feature "Derek Storm," the character that Castle was supposedly writing before he met Beckett. So the comics are supposedly based on the imaginary "Derek Storm" novels.

As you'll recall, the TV series began with Castle killing off Storm, whom he'd gotten bored with, and looking for inspiration for a new series. Then he met Beckett and "Nikki Heat" was born . . ..

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'd got the two of them mixed up...my bad.

16. Greg Cox

You know, I have to imagine that there are plenty of confused readers out there searching for the Derek Storm novels--which don't actually exist! :)

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I actually did have a couple people come into my library asking if we had anything else by Richard Castle back when Naked Heat was first published. One guy took five minutes of explaining before he could finally wrap his head around the fact that the Derek Storm novels didn't really exist.

18. Greg Cox

To be fair, the mock "author bio" on the jacket copy of Richard Castle's novels described him as the bestselling author of the Derek Storm novels.

I guess some people didn't realize that "Richard Castle" himself is an elaborate fiction . . ..

19. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

^Yeah, about three of those five minutes were spent trying to convince the patron that Richard Castle was a fictional character on a TV series. :brickwall:

And then there was the patron wondering why no library in America had a copy of Buttercup's Baby by S. Morgenstern. :brickwall: :brickwall:

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Which is precisely what he wants us to think. :shifty: