Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Oh come on.. Castle is light entertainment and as such will never be considered Emmy or Globe worthy (as much as i'd want them to get some).. for whatever that means quality wise.

I have zero problems with cases resonating with personal stuff because as Borg Emilia pointed out most viewers are into Castle because of the characters and the romance between the leads. So the writers used a cheap trick in this one.. big deal. It was still very funny and entertaining and that's often enough with shows i like.

It's also not constantly the case with Castle that they use this method or on the nose as in this one so i can easily overlook it (if it needs overlooking at all.. i don't mind).

If you want perfectly developed storylines go read a good book.. this is mass entertainment and as such has different scales how it should be judged. You either agree and enjoy or you nitpick everything to death.. i'm guilty on both but i do try to enjoy shows most of the times and those i don't i simply stop watching and don't bother anymore.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the last couple episodes. The Castle/Beckett relationship has already been pretty fun.

3. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

All three of you, knock it off. Let's dial back the snapping at each other and discuss the topic civilly. Otherwise, infractions will follow.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another great episode. Caskett has been handled beautifully so far, even the no telling anyone plot has been handled great and provided some amusing moment. Glad to see Epso and Ryan are finally on the path to "making up". Alexis and Martha are absent entirely from this episode. I have a feeling we're going to only see them in a handful of episodes this season...I'm guessing the writers will hold off on Rick and Kate going public for sweeps next month.

5. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got around to watching this week's episode. It was your basic fun, light episode of Castle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I fear them trying to keep Caskett a secret for too long will delve into old Three's Company or Friends territory, but whatever, it's fun for now. Next week's 'Storage Wars' episode looks good.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

FYI: I saw "Frozen Heat" on sale at B&N the other day.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't had the chance to see this week's episode yet, but I fear that as well. Hopefully they won't do that for too long. It'll be pretty funny once others find out :devil: :lol:.

8. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I started reading Frozen Heat the other day, and among the minor characters are a pair of detectives in Nikki Heat's squad: Detectives Malcolm and Reynolds. ;)

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also should mention that the second Richard Castle graphic novel "Storm Season" comes out on October 17. Wonder if that is going to be tied-into the comic con episode? It is co-written by Brian Michael Bendis and Kelly Sue DeConnik with art from Emanuela Lupacchino.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Nice!

11. Random_Spock

Just found the new episode on Hulu. Going to be watching it when I can, hopefully today if at all possible. Glad they still show it... only 5 eps at a time, but better than nothing I guess.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Episode 5x03 "Your secret's safe with me"

Very good episode.. as usual the case was ok but that's not why i watch Castle (sorry Marlowe & Co.).

I can understand the feelings Alexis and Castle had.. ages ago it seems i was in the same position when i started university and had to move about 300km away. My mom was a wreck, my dad wasn't unaffected too and i was equally sad and excited at the same time. I think it resonates with everybody who at one time left home to start their own life away from the safety of the parents (even if you know your parents will come running if you have problems) and it was beautifully done here in this episode.

First i thought it was uncharacteristic for Alexis to be mad at Beckett for whatever reason.. she liked her very much and she knows that her dad loves her and that she's good for him so appearing to hate Beckett seemed kinda odd. However it soon was revealed that it wasn't all that but part of a bigger problem.

Martha was awesome.. as i said somewhere else i just knew (or at least heavily suspected) that Martha spotted Kate in the season starter.. there's was just no way she'd either miss her in the closet (come on.. you could see Beckett out of the corner of your eye) or the bra Castle wanted to clumsily hide. Kudos to her for backing down and waiting for the right moment to bring it up instead of making it a joke and embarrasing them. I love this woman.

Castle and Beckett.. what can i say. Even without steamy scenes they rock the house.. hard. I grew tired of eye sex and subtext in season 4 ("Just kiss her dammit!!" [​IMG]) but this one is on a whole different level. Their handshake was so sweet, sexy, romantic and in the end funny that i couldn't help but "Aaawwww.." a little (and i'm a grown man [​IMG]). This is why i like Castle so much as a character.. the man has the perfect balance between goofiness and knowing when to get serious and romantic. He knows when to shut up and give someone the space (well.. most of the time [​IMG]) and when to wow his woman with a romantic gesture. And i loved to see Beckett respond to it in kind.. i so love to see her open up and fully committ to the relationship without reservations. He truly is her one and done!

One of the most awesome moments between them was his whispered "I so want to kiss you right now".. this was not horny teenager mode but heartfelt emotion and it was great to see.

13. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I thought it was great as well. I especially liked how Castle didn't press overtly on the stick figure and then when Beckett asked for his final guess he didn't give it. He just respected her boundary and there wasn't any sound except someone passing. I thought that was really neat.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, some really solid writing on the Beckle (:p) front. I was surprised when they had someone discover their secret this early into the season, but I like that it was Martha. I actually thought Alexis was going to be the one to figure it out first; I'm glad I was wrong about that.

I also got a kick out of the stuff with Gates this week. Poor Castle finally gets her to start warming up to him and he smashes it all to pieces. :lol:

15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Gates was acting so goofy about it, though, I knew there was no way it would last beyond this episode.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the part where she reacted to his new book was maybe a little over the top. Probably intentional, though.

17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

"Take your hands off your tool!"

:wtf:

"Shut up..."

:lol:

18. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was hilarious! I love Beckett's quick "Shut up." at Ryan's smirk. Hey it was the same smirk I had when she said that.

Oh yeah I think this show's back to its first season comedic level.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hey, they had to plug the book somewhere!

20. Random_Spock

Catching up on Castle, up to the 3rd episode :). So far, so good. The 2nd one cracked me up... :lol:

The look on Beckett's face at the end of the episode when she couldn't get the image of Castle and the female sportscaster in her bikini/bra and underwear out of her head was just priceless :p.

Can't wait to see what's next.