Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think that's because they actually have the console torn apart. The cover is probably there to protect the finish.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^I'd say it's just an inexpensive way to make the console look different on the small 80s television screen.

3. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly just thought it was neat whenever we saw another Galaxy class on Star Trek, which was never that often (though more on Deep Space Nine, obviously, especially during the Dominion War).

4. Beatnik

Beatnik Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

5. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

yeah too bad all the ships in ds9 battles get blown up in like 1 or 2 shots (guess they stopped using shields by then)

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't remember any Galaxy class ships going down in those battles. It was all Miranda and Excelsior class ships with an occasional Akira that died.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

So just how many versions of Measure of a Man are we going to get? Seems like there's both an "HD Extended" and "Hybrid Extended" version now.

Which I guess means they were only able to find some of the missing footage?

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/09092012_s2art.html

8. Mr_Homn

I know I saw at least one galaxy class get pretty badly damaged (giant explosions all over the hull) by one or two shots. It might not have gone down but it seemed pretty silly

9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Wasn't one destroyed at the beginning of Season 3?

10. Kegg

One was destroyed at the end of DS9's Season 2, yeah.

11. senten

senten Ensign Red Shirt

Trekcore seem to think there's something quite amazing to come on the S02 Bluray not yet announced.

What are the chances this could be a never before seen episode?

12. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

IIRC, the only other Galaxy Class bridge we saw in the whole of Trek apart from the Enterprise-D and the Yamato was the Odyssey, and that appeared to be a redress of the Excelsior/Enterprise-A bridge that was more recently (at the time) the Prometheus bridge from "Second Sight" (which would go on to become the second Prometheus & Equinox bridges in Voyager).

From the wording of the description on that TrekCore page, it sounds like they were able to find the original film footage of extended scenes only, i.e. footage trimmed from existing scenes already in the final episode, and that any scenes that were completely cut from the episode couldn't be found, and will only be in the Hybrid cut.

That's my theory anyway.

Absolutely none?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very little. It'd be more likely to hear a commentary by the Borg Collective during "Q Who".

Which I'd actually like, BTW. :techman:

14. Mr_Homn

Borg voice: "We remember.. this episode. Craft Services was.. futile. Direction - was - irrelevant. John De Lancie was.. an asshole. He will be assimilated." :borg:

15. Kegg

This. No such episode exists, for one thing. It's more likely to be recovered deleted scenes or a some kind of obscure special or commercial (like Riker when he did those PC commercials). Or some lost Gene Roddenberry commentary or something.

Or. you know, maybe Measure of a Man isn't the only episode getting an extended cut. "Shades of Grey" with entire episodes instead of just clips? ;)

16. Mr_Homn

:lol:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVHm02FeCH8[/yt]

17. Mr_Homn

accidental double post

18. Kegg

^
    We need those in HD. Clearly.

19. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Indeed. And, does the 1701-D have that control panel on the front of the horsehoe like we see on the Yamato?

20. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Reminds me of the Star Trek Borg game (which was shot on the actual sets), and the Star Trek The Next Generation Interactive VCR Board Game (haven't seen the VHS tape, but from what the box says, the VHS contained footage shot right on the TNG sets). So it would be nice if, as a bonus on these Blu-rays, if they could find these odd tapings and show them, just like they are putting the original trailers on the episodes.