Twisted

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Also, if the ship was constantly reshaping itself, why did all doors lead to other doors?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Intelligent design was keeping them alive.

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

"Twisted" is a good episode. A little weird but still enjoyable.

It takes place on Kes's birthday which according to my calculations is on 17 December! :bolian:

4. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone else think it was lame how Kim drags the captain into the holodeck? Throw her over your shoulder and haul, lil man!

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

That's why he never made lieutenant. Too weak to pick her up and carry in his arms.

6. Catarina

I bet Seven could. And grabbing her by the hips? Rawrrr. How's that for a mental image, Teacake?

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

At least he didn't grab her by the boobs.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Fictional worlds don't need to be consistent with the real world but they could be internally consistent with themselves.

9. Guy Gardener

Speaking of boobs.

That bare chested fire dancer looked like he could juggle live dogs.

And not those little purse buggers.

Great Danes.

There was probably 40 adventures that could have been solved by that guy smashing through a wall and saying "OOOOOOOOOO yeah!"

But for some reason Janeway kept sending Kim on the away missions instead of the obvious Khanian Superman they had on standby with the rarely ever used B-Team.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  10. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Me, on the other hand, always tries to come up with some logical explanation for certain weird events and continuity errors.

Some of it can be found on the Kes Website (link below) under the title "Voyager's Mysteries-and how to solve them". ;)

11. Catarina

What I did like about Twisted was Tuvok placing a hand on his friend. Janeway returning the same kindness Kim showed her. The tension between Chak and tuvok. I also liked it wasn't magically resolved with technobabble. Without knowing how Neelix was going to develop as a character, I wanted him dead in this episode. I know Bob found it under stimulating from an actor perspective and hated it but I think it wasn't the worst. Nightingale, (Just about any Wang episode) comes to mind.

12. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked that Tuvok/Janeway moment too:)

13. Guy Gardener

Years ago, I was sitting in bed talking with my girlfriend, and she was explaining to me that in the future after we have broken up, Vanessa didn't say why we would break up, but she just assumed that we wouldn't have a ten year anniversary, and we didn't, so maybe she is magic? But anyway, she verbally made a list of the women in our peer group that I was not allowed to sleep with after she had finished with me.

I think Vulcans might have a similar protocol.

If the unthinkable happens where man and wife are separated during mating season, and the stark reality is that if they don't get busy with someone else, that their plump brains will explode like pulp panoramically out their ears, nose, mouth and eye sockets. If that is the consequence of loyal chastity, only a moron would be loyally chaste, and only a sociopath would force their spouse to be loyally chaste to death just because a plane was misdirected by a blizzard or some other random twist of fate.

(You have to see where I am going with this.)

Each half of the marriage writes down 5 names of persons that their lover is not allowed to ever-ever frakk just because their life is on the line. Pon Farr is not a loophole of a hall pass or a freebee, there are rules, and those persons on that list are all still a series of huge giant read NOs in bold caps.

T'Pel put Kathryn Janeway's name at the top of the list that she gave her husband.

(Because Vulcans are often seen as racist bigots, I can understand how instead of the name of a person is put on this list, that some Vulcans may deicide to rule out entire species are sexual possibilities for Pon Farr surrogacy instead.)