Wrath of Khan – my favorite design

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by neoworx, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevron

chevron Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm a big fan of the maroon and wouldn't ever want it changed, but I think the different department colours work surprisingly well. I'll think of the crew wearing the diferent colours in an alternate universe!

publiusr likes this.
  2. Parker Gabriel

Parker Gabriel Ensign Newbie

The "gold" was a result of mis-lighting and mis-matching of photography and such in syndications. Command Section tunics were really supposed to have been olive green, NOT golden yellow. The tunic the first Kirk wore in "The Enemy Within" to tell him apart from the second Kirk represented this, as did the satin full-dress outer tunics (whose design was drawn from that of coaches's jackets) introduced in "Court-Martial: Star Fleet Versus Kirk."

3. Parker Gabriel

Make the Command Section outer tunics olive green and add those golden braiding stripes on the cuffs of every outer tunic, Command Section olive green, Sciences Section blue, and Support Services Section red, and you've got it MADE!

But the black collar is NEITHER fascistic NOR foreboding-looking; it is a PERFECT transition from the designs that were in use from early September of 2260 to late November of 2270.

4. Parker Gabriel

Disclosure: I belong to the STAR FLEET Marine Corps, which is part of STAR FLEET International (SFI.org) and, for years, used "monster maroon" uniforms as Class Alpha-Prime uniforms--except that its outer tunics of such uniforms are BLACK rather than BLOOD (the "maroon" shade of red, correctly equal parts red and black) in color. I am a lieutenant colonel (LTC) in that Corps, which corresponds to my grade of full commander (CDR) in SFI.

5. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

@Parker Gabriel: First and foremost, it is seriously frowned upon to post in a thread that has been inactive more than a year. Please check the date a thread was last active before posting in it. Second, please use the edit feature to add to a post, rather than posting three times in succession.

Thank you, everyone, and this balcony is closed.

StarCruiser and somebuddyX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.