No News, No Nothing!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Transwarp Drive, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

I'm starting feel a little disenfranchised with Trek; I'm bored of looking on Trekmovie everyday and finding nothing, I'm bored of Orci taking the mick out of us alluding to this and that while saying nothing (sorry Mr Orci), I'm bored of the cast saying nothing because they'll get the late night phone call (Pine). I'm sick of reading Cumberbatch has nailed the role of whoever he is supposed to be, I don't want to look at Urban surfing or Pegg geeking it up because he knows something I don't (sorry Mr Pegg)

They have to give us something! Give us something before I throw my toys out of the pram and boycott the franchise!

GIVE US SOMETHING!

:)

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am with you. It was said by Orci that we would see something soon. Well, soon has come and gone!

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Anticipation is a biatch.

Imagine what things were like for Trekkies before the internet...

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

What's stopping you? :rommie:

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The only news we need to know is that they're making a movie and it will be out next May.

6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe they all forgot about making the movie?
    Someone needs to call Orci and remind him about it.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup. Everything else is icing.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only nine months away... you'd think there would be a teaser trailer... or even a title by now. Then again given the unimaginative title of the last one, maybe that's a bit much to expect.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It was called Star Trek. What else was needed?

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

No nothing is a double negative.

11. R. Star

A secondary title to distinguish it from the rest of the franchise?

Abrams will probably just name this one Star Trek 2 to vex the fans and continuity both at once.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Every other film in the franchise has a secondary title, so by only using one it's already distinguished itself.

13. Transwarp Drive

Still no bloody trailer!!

14. Nerys Myk

Exactly.

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A wise man once said: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Once the trailer comes, the bitching will erupt. "Too much lens flare!" "Not enough lens flare!" "Oh man, they're doing a re-tread of Khan!" "Oh man, they're not doing a re-tread of Khan!" "Too much Kirk, not enough Spock!" "Too much Spock, not enough Kirk" "Too much Kirk and Spock, no Riley!" "They went with Riley and still no Rand?" "They have Rand? Of course they're trying to appeal to the sexist men!" "They don't have Rand, they're not doing enough for the sexist men!" "Spock isn't shouting!" "Spock is shouting!"

I think I've made my point...

16. R. Star

Expectations are low. After the disapointment of the last one, getting excited seems premature. :p

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Nope. They really don't.

In fact, if you think back to the way news and promo for the last movie was handled, you'll remember that they were very stingy with details and peeks until the last three or four months before release. Thinking it will be substantially different this time around may be to hold an unreasonable expectation.

You'll do that if you decide you must, but if it's all the same to you, I'd rather drama threads like this one not become a regular thing. ;)

18. Transwarp Drive

Hey, fair point.

I promise you that I'm being ironic rather than dramatic though, it's just a film and I'm sure l'll last until the film comes out without popping!

I certainly don't want to draw a moderators attention after 3 or 4 posts.

A serious point though, I'm a customer of Abram's and Abram's isn't delivering to my satisfaction! I want to see something I'll spent the next few months following, is it worth following? Is it worth giving up my time for?

So on and so forth. :)

19. Nerys Myk

Hmmmm, never thought of my self as a "customer" in regards to film, the theater for sure, but not the film. Though, I suppose I am. Still, its the end product that I'm "buying". So its a bit early to care about the marketing campaign or to start deciding if I'll see it. Okay, I'll be seeing it no matter what. They don't have to sell me. The teasers, trailers and ads are just gravy.

20. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Speak for yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.