Is Netflix a Rip-off?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral James Kirk, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I love netflix. I have had no problems with them. I like how they give me the benefit of the doubt. I have recieved broken and scratched discs occasionally (about one every 6 months) and they replace it with no questions asked. It is a great deal if you ask me.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Always good to me. $9 I get at least a movie a week, and then the online thingie. So that would be $2.25 a movie, and that's half the price of the Blockbuster 3 day rental.

3. paudemge

paudemge Captain Captain

I"ve never had netflix, but I've heard mostly good things about them. But i've also had blockbuster on line and i'm pretty happy with , 3 out at a time unlimited, plus 1 free game, and in store exchanges. The only thing they've changed on me was to start to count the in store exchanges as part of my 3, i used to be able take 3 online moves back to BB, switch them out and end up with 6 out at a time.

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Re: So does Netflix buttfuck you?

I agree.. We have watched so many movies in the past year on NETLFIX streaming it has more than paid for itself!!!

Rob

5. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Add me to the "I love Instant Viewing" crowd. I saw all of Karl Urban's Xena episodes and caught completely up on Heroes through Instant Viewing. I don't watch that many discs, so I'm not getting my money's worth on the discs. But that's me being lazy and not watching them faster, which has nothing to do with Netflix's services.

I think I more than make up for it with Instant Viewing. :bolian:

6. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

In the last week we have watched CLASH OF TITANS..LITTLE MAN TATE and a whole bunch of ERNEST movies (okay..not so good). And the HD EPISODES of STAR TREK TOS first season are a very good plus as well!!!

Rob

7. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't returned a movie in 9 months, that is how much I use Instant Viewing.

8. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

as long as you keep it rolling, it's not

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Netflix is pretty awesome. Blockbuster has always been overpriced compared to other video rental stores.

10. Possum

Possum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I can so hear you having KU say, "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a Greek god- oh wait I am one too!" :lol:

We used to have Blockbuster but they got slow about sending the disks out *and* raised the price. We've had Netflix for about three months and love it. Plus I'm just discovering the Instant Viewing too. I'm so new to the Instant Viewing I never even thought of watching Heroes that way. (Heck I just discovered Youtube a couple months ago). :alienblush: Another positive is that I'm the account holder and am keeping the queue to a minimum- my husband had the Blockbuster one and had like 50 gamillion things in queue and was constantly shuffling them around- drove me nuts.

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

What I like about NETFLIX is how easy it is. I just go on line, go to their site, pick a movie and..WHAM..its on my XBOX360. They have old BSG--BUCK ROGERS--SPONGEBOB and Batman stuff...Great documentary...even a couple good "NR" movies with, ahem, women!!!

So...I totally endorse NETFLIX...

Rob

12. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

aw dammit, yeah i think they were titles from that anime distributer that went belly-up recently. :(

13. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

I can't wait 'til I get a job, because when I do, I am SOOO getting NetFlix. My dad has had it for a few years now, and it's awesome. Of course, we're near a distribution center, so that helps with the turnaround time.

And the instant viewing sounds incredible.

And any movie rental company that actually has Rigoletto from Feature Films For Families in its arsenal means they probably have just about anything I'd ever look for (that is on DVD).

Now if only some shows and movies that have either never been released or only been released on VHS would get put on DVD...

Joy

14. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to admit, I'm startin' to love Netflix. The instant streaming is pretty cool, saw a few movies I always wanted to rent or buy and found... they sucked. So that saved money. Currently got Season 5 of DS9 queued, waiting on Disk 4. Boy that was a kick ass season. I definately think that's worth a buy.

I would love to get myself a bluray player that has the netflix streaming, be more fun than just sitting with my laptop and watching movies, but the nice thing is, I can take my lappy to my ma's office when I'm waiting for her and use the wifi to stream a movie. So that's fun.

15. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I've had Netflix for two years now and I really enjoy it. I only have two complaints: 1)sometimes the disc is scratched or broken and won't play(they usually send you another one immediately thereafter) and 2) there is sometimes a very long wait on discs and you're better off going to the video store and renting them there. But otherwise, I've enjoyed netflix. I have the unlimited plan which is around $30 a month or so and it's very much worth the expense as I can rent as many movies as I want. :D

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I'm actually quite amazed at how fast they do get here once they are in our Queue.

Rob

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It too me 4 months to get Wall-e.

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you send them an email? They are very fast to respond.

J.

19. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Oh, GAWD- I hate that bleached blond Cupid hair, but he does look fine in that shirtless leather get up.

So, I finally returned ST:TMP and So NoTORIous to Netflix on Friday, and by Sat they'd already sent them out. I had no idea they processed returns on Sat. :bolian:

20. Ethan_Hunt_IMF

Ethan_Hunt_IMF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The funny thing about Americans is they don't realize that things like netflick or amazon or whatever is the basis for their crumbling economy.
    You are ordering something that you could simply go a kilometer down the street for and then return the next day.
    And why, because Americans tend to be lazy.
    It your own stupidity that is causing your dollar to drop in value.