The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode, The governor’s fate was a long time coming though I would have much rather seen him slowly devoured by Walkers or turned and killed again, IMO he just didn’t suffer enough for all the heinous $#!t we saw him do.
    I also didn’t buy him kicking Rick’s @ss, I realize Rick was shot in the leg but for the most part the Governor dominated that fight, As a cop I would think Rick would be trained to get out of situations like that and a minimum pull out his side are and shoot the Governor in the face.
    I’m also not buying the explanation that planting a few tomatoes civilized him and took away his aggression or whatever, when you are in a fight for life your instincts will take over.

I’m also in the “Judith is alive” club though I would think it would be a perfect opportunity to write her out, I just don’t think lugging a baby around would benefit the show.

Lastly Rest In Peace Herschel, you will be missed, let’s just hope Michonne hung back and did the same thing she does in the comics.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Michonne knows how to deliver a fatal strike, so running him through in that exact part of his back was with purpose. If she had a doubt, she would have cut the Governor again when standing/glaring over him.

Lilly simply ended his misery, and even if a walker approached, and she shot it, that would not stop her for getting revenge on the man who did not keep her daughter safe, as promised.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do not believe that Lilly shot the Governor to end any kind of suffering on his part but rather out of utter spite that he had led her, her daughter, and the rest of the group to ruin.

4. TREK_GOD_1

I did not mean end his misery out of charity or sympathy (just noting his apparent condition), hence the "revenge" part of the post.

5. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Except when it came to Lori, although that was mostly because it was too much for TV to show a kid shooting his mom. If Judith is dead, it's likely they wouldn't actually show that either.

Overall I thought this was a pretty great episode. I think it's the first one since they found Sophia in the barn that's just really gut-wrenching and makes you think about it for days.

And really, the actors and team behind the show are doing a very good job with this show when they make such a good episode built on so many ridiculous contrivances. Lilly not watching her kid, the people blindly following the Governor, etc. It would be nice if the show could have great character moments, AND not dissolve suspension of disbelief so easily. But that's the Walking Dead for you.

6. TREK_GOD_1

I'm sure this will come up in the 2nd half of the season; if the girls are trumpeting the virtues of Carol and her training them to fight (which saved his life), only for Rick (or Daryl) to tell him Carol's responsibility in the burned bodies, he cannot attack her after learning how much she means to the girls...the girls who saved his life.

I this being a set-up for Carol's return, and the beginning of a relationship with Tyrese, leaving the door open for Daryl and Beth (convenient that she finds him after the battle).

Beth and Daryl becoming a couple would enrage the Carol/Daryl fans, who thought two season's worth of relationship building is tossed in the fire, but the show cannot keep doing the expected.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Really, has *any* parent on this show been good at watching their kid? Ed, Carol, Rick, Lori. Seems like child-minding wasn't a strong thing in this universe. ;)

I mean, zombies aside, who lets their kid just sit in a pile of mud and dick around like that?

And people shipping Daryl and Beth.... Um.... Isn't Daryl, like, in his 40s and Beth barely out of her teens?

8. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

QFT. Shit, virtually ever parent on this show ignores what their children are doing or is oblivious most of the time.

In the non-ZA world today - the real world - in my neighborhood parents on are standing on the corner with the children waiting for the bus every morning as I pull out of my subdivision to go to work.

But in this world - where lethal killers are potentially around ever corner - apparently it's OK to go off wandering around without adult supervision. :wtf:

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

How many scenes in the second season began with Lori asking someone "Have you seen Carl?" or "Can you watch Carl?"

10. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I think maybe the only thing that could excuse Lilly was that she was so sheltered until that point. However, laundry zombie almost got her kid just the other day, so maybe she'd think to at least sit by her. She didn't really need to be watching the water, but really the other side of the water.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yup. As soon as I saw Meghan playing in the dirt like that all by herself I knew she was toast.

12. PKerr

That was the first thing out of my mouth is" why aren't you watching that F-ing Kid?" and why are you letting her play 30-40 yards away from you?

13. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

When I saw her trying to pry something up, my first thought was that it was going to spring back and pin her while the walker made it across the river and jumped on her (with Lilly too far away).

When I saw what the sign said, I was confused; i.e. "Are they going to conveniently have a flash flood put everyone in danger?"

Didn't quite see it happening the way it did.

14. PKerr

Me thinks baby Judith is alive and well.
    I just re-watched the episode and right after Michonne walks away from the Governor the scene cuts to the tank firing again and Tyreese running away, if you look real close his rifle is slung over his back is holding something that looks like a baby as he runs away, one frame shows what looks to be a head surrounded by yellow, baby Judith was wearing yellow.

I can't explain the blood as Tyreese wasn't bleeding when the girls saved him and there were no bodies around the carrier so I dunno.

I also think Tyreese is going to somehow run into Carol before the group does, they went out of their way to not tell him Carol killed Karen and Dave, even though I think Lizzy is the one that did.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  15. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

We need a CG baby zombie to be the antagonist for the second half of the season. Make her unstoppable. Have her take out the remaining cast.

16. PKerr

But she wouldn't have any Teefus.

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Naw, have the baby zombie throw down on everyone — but then, when all appears lost ... Judith takes her down!

Would a baby zombie still be a "walker" if it was too young to walk, or a "biter" if it didn't have any teeth?

18. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was one of many stupid things that happened in this episode its like we weren't even watching real people.

It was entertaining episode but feel like this battle would have made more sense at the end of s3 but they decided to stretch the prison arc over another 8 episodes.

19. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

A bottle of alcohol, most likely. Maybe the one that was in his backpack that he wouldn't let go of. Daryl gave it back to him at the end of that scene.

20. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Something I've always wondered about the Walking Dead universe, does whatever make the dead reanimate get passed on to babies who were born post-initial outbreak? If not, humanity has a chance, if so, they're fucked. This is rather grim, but if Judith should still happen to be alive and dies at some future point, or if she is dead they have the body and the brain is still intact, for the love of God, don't destroy it! Wait a day and see what happens!