Carolyn McCormick in 1010111101

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by lordbaltimore1, May 1, 2013.

1. lordbaltimore1

lordbaltimore1 Ensign Red Shirt

Just finished watching the 1010110111 episode in the 1st season. Was very impressed with Carolyn McCormick's performance as the hologram...she of course would go on to be Dr. Olivet on Law and Order but I liked her more playful and more cunning side in this episode.

Read somewhere that she was given consideration for the Janeway role...is that true? Not sure if she would have topped Mulgrew but she definitely would have been equipped for the challenge and held her own. Would have been very interesting.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

According to Memory Alpha and IMDB, it's true.

If you want to see her earliest film role (according to IMDB), look for her in 1985's Enemy Mine during the space station scenes.

3. cheesepuff316

cheesepuff316 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The title of that episode comes from the names of the 4 Bynars... 11, 00, 10, 01
    Surely their people have more choice over names than just 2 numbers?

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Bynars sees or hears more variation from those two numbers than rest of us do :)

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

The lovely Ms McCormick was also a regular in later seasons of "Spenser: Fore Hire" based on Robert Parker's Spenser novels, as attorney Rita Fiore. Of course Avery Brooks also costarred in that show as Hawk, a role I don't think he's ever topped.

I can't decide if she's hotter as a blond or brunette, but she definitely smoked up the TV screen as Minuette.

6. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do people find it so difficult to remember this episode title? As pointed out above - you only have to remember four numbers 11001001. Easy.

Or, even easier. Use Memory Alpha.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Because it's more fun to just type in random numbers. And plus I think people realize what episode we're talking about. :p

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry memorizing binary numbers just isn't high on my priority list.

But anyways to the episode... I just never saw the big deal about this one. The Minuet hologram... just never really held my attention and I find myself bored when I watch the episode most of the time.

9. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Memorizing the episode's name is what sets hardcore fans apart from the normal fans. ;) (for the record, I have it memorized)

Personally, this is TNG's first great episode. Though how the heck were the Binars going to keep Picard on the ship had he not visited the holodeck? The Binars' plan would not have worked with Riker alone.

10. R. Star

Define Irony: Touting levels of fan supremacy because you memorize a set of numbers... then misspelling Bynars twice.

11. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The wink implies a joke. As for the other point, you got me.

12. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

I always jokingly change this episode's title in conversation by singing a verse of numbers from the old Rush song that went simply "One, zero, zero, one zero, zero one, zero zero, one."

Sir Rhosis

13. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

And I think board moderator 1001001 deliberately set out to confuse us.

14. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I might start calling it The Worst of One World if alpha-numeric's are now interchangable. ;)

The wink implies that I too am having a joke. I am not really this anal... Honest.

15. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

:techman: I never thought about that one. Cool song.

The Bynars and any binary make me think of Bender and when he had a nightmare that he saw a "2"

16. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And just to add more confusion, the script has a "fka" title of "10101001"

17. R. Star

I just call it the Bynar episode. :p

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anyone else love that Minuette made a cameo as Riker's wife in the fake future of "Future Imperfect"? She really was his dream woman! :)

19. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Yep, always loved that. She was unforgettable :)

20. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm rewatching TNG from the beginning with my 13 year old daughter and this episode was actually better than I remembered despite the holo deck being involved.