Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

So...

In dreamland Bo plays Dyson...

And Lauren sings in French and dresses burlesque...

And Bo fucks Lauren...

Cause she's being Dyson...

So Dyson fucks Lauren!!

Favorite Episode Ever. :D

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Definitely a great episode-- it reminded me of all those Gilligan's Island episodes where the cast played different characters in a dream. :rommie: The period sets and costumes were great, and there was certainly a lot of sexy. And we got to see how Trick and Dyson first met. One of the best. :bolian:

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I confess I didn't realize that was Kenzi--or Vex--until just now

4. RJDiogenes

I didn't realize it was Vex. I did realize that it was Kenzi right at the end of that scene at the bar-- and then rewound to watch more closely. :rommie:

5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished season 3 and I'm up in here getting spoiled-all-to-be-damned, and don't care. Can't wait to see season 4. May have to resort to "alternate means" if the wait is too long.

Hale and Kenzie, huh? Makes sense. That episode where he took his shirt off and she became a bit mesmerized, was pretty cute.

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I spent about the first season & a half of the show convinced that Zoie Palmer was a terrible actress. Then she played the psycho killer in the body swapping episode and it changed my mind in a huge way! It seems like it just took her & the writers forever to figure out who the heck Lauren is. Thankfully, they seemed to find the character's groove a lot better in Season 3. I came around to liking Lauren the same time that Kenzi did in "Confaegion."

BTW, ever since we found out that Lauren is a Trekkie, I keep fantasizing about her cosplaying as Dr. Crusher.:drool: (They totally need to do an episode where she & Bo do some roleplaying as Dr. Crusher & an Orion slave girl.)

I'm always a fan of that trope personally. And while I haven't gotten around to seeing this episode yet, I'm looking forward to it. Considering Lost Girl already did the best ever body-swapping episode, I've become convinced that there's no trope that this show can't conquer.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I just find it contrived. A lot of the time there's no really good reason why the mental landscape would consist entirely of standing sets, and thus it comes off as an obvious attempt by the producers to save money.

8. The Borgified Corpse

All television production is an attempt to save money.

I'll admit, I'm less of a fan of reusing sets than I am of reusing cast members. I was thinking more of episodes like DS9's "Far Beyond the Stars" or the Community episode "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps." Although, if you want to see an amazing example of reusing standing sets and redressing them to the point of unrecognizability, you should see the Roswell episode "Summer of '47." (Speaking of Roswell, I'd love to see Kenzi hang out with Maria DeLuca some time.)

BTW, my new all-time favorite Kenzi line from a couple weeks ago: "You lie to the Russian skunk-eye and bad things will happen to your junk!"

9. Christopher

That goes without saying, of course. But sometimes that's deftly concealed, as it was here, while at others it's just obvious and intrusive and gets in the way of the suspension of disbelief -- like in the DS9 episode where the inside of Sloan's mind looked like the Defiant sets because he was trying to "make his guests feel at home."

As with everything else in entertainment, the quality isn't in what you do, but in how you do it. The same device can be done well or poorly depending on the execution, and this particular device -- much like a clip show -- is a difficult one to do well, in a way that serves the story rather than just feeling cheap. This is one of the few times I've seen it pulled off so successfully.

Well, it was more the set reuse that I was referring to.

10. The Borgified Corpse

I kinda caught onto the voice but Kenzi looked so completely different that I probably wouldn't have recognized her had I not been reading this thread beforehand.

But that's been par from the course for me whenever I see Kenzi as a blonde. Even when I know it's her when I rewatch episodes like "It's a Fae Fae Fae Fae World" & "Vexed," I'm still amazed at how different she looks.

Speaking of, is it just me or does Kenzi just kinda look slightly different this season compared to earlier seasons. I don't know if they're doing something slightly different with her makeup or if her face is just kinda changing with age or what. (I wonder if it's just losing a small but barely perceptable portion of baby fat in her face. It seemed like something similar happened to Amy on Doctor Who between seasons 5 & 6.)

Agreed. There were a few times that I noticed that Flora's room was definitely somewhere in Bo's house. Most bars kinda look the same to me anyway, so I wouldn't have taken any notice of the French bar being the Dal. What gave the game away there was the bit where Angel hops down to the other side of the bar. She seems to be standing on a much higher level than we would expect, because the back of the bar at the Dal is raised to accomodate Trick's height.

And I loved the bit where Bo was having sex with Flora while in Dyson's body. "Well, THIS is happening.":guffaw:

11. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

What happens when Groundhog day meets Lost Girl? Trick starts wearing Ugly Christmas Sweaters, Tamsin kisses Bo and Lauren gets drunk in bed with Vex and Dyson.

I'm sure that sounded just as weird in the writer's room the first time they brought this story up as it does on the board.

My fav scene was watching Lauren and Dyson as they watched Bo wash the convertible. :p

Shouldn't she have put the top on the car before she turned the hose on it? :confused:

Shouldn't she have turned the hose on Lauren and Dyson before she let them IN the car? :guffaw:

12. RJDiogenes

I've stopped even trying to make sense of Lost Girl. I just get on and ride until it's over. :rommie:

13. Christopher

This show has a knack for handling cliched storylines in ways that don't feel stale. I generally hate time-loop episodes because they're repetitive, but this one hardly was at all, with only a few small things being repeated and the characters catching on really quickly. I also liked it that the time loop just resolved itself, just in time to create a character complication.

My one big complaint, though: Bo and Tamsin finally act on their longstanding sexual tension, something I've been dying to see for over a year, and it's just a throwaway gag and we don't get to see more than a few seconds of making out.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

My favorite scenes:

-Hot girl carwash teaser. My sister walked out while I was watching just in time to catch Lauren ogling Bo and asked "What is she gay?" 1 said "yep." She shook her head and walked away.

-DRUNKEN SURGERYYYYYYYY!

15. The Borgified Corpse

I just wanted to tell you all to have a happy Ash Wednesday. The Blood King insists. No, I mean, he REALLY insists!

[​IMG]

16. The Borgified Corpse

17. RJDiogenes

Bruce is back. If this show gets another season, I hope they make him a regular. :rommie:

The season isn't over yet.

That scene made no sense whatsoever. :rommie: Not much of this episode made any sense. Drunken Trick? Party at Bo's? Bo abandoned in the car? Lauren and Dyson in bed with Vex? The writers are clearly on drugs. :rommie:

18. JanewayRulz!

The T shirt that says "Team Bo"... does that mean Bo "with" herself... ;)

Or does that mean Bo vs. the Dark and vs. the Light? :p

I do like the "Don't mess with a Valkyrie" and the "I will live the life I choose." :bolian:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a fun episode. I especially got a kick out of the stuff with Lauren, Bo, and Vex. I was glad to see Bruce back, he's a fun character.
    As for the time-loop stuff, I thought they actually managed to make it fun and interesting.

20. JanewayRulz!

I loved it this week when Dyson looked at Lauren and said, "I'd have a hard time choosing too." (Between Lauren and Bo)

And Lauren's response was to smile at the idea of choosing between Bo and Dyson and claim, "I wouldn't."