Are there any deleted scenes in First Contact?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by los2188, Jul 3, 2011.

1. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

I'm new here, but I've always wanted to know if anyone knew if there are any deleted scenes in First Contact. I seem to remember one with Barclay on the ship before it goes into battle, but I'm not too sure. And does anyone have a copy or know where I can read a copy of the final script for First Contact?

2. zar

zar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, they were deleted.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

4. los2188

that was good!

5. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

:lol: Seriously though.

There are no 'scenes' just a few snippets of dialogue and a brief bit in the holodeck where lily is accosted by a drunk. Cochrans speech in the Phoenix beofre takeoff was longer. Worf suggests to Picard that he not take part in the assault on engineering.

Of all 11 movies First Contact has the least cut. all the cut stuff was pretty good in script form, but they realyy wanted a tight cut. At 109 mintues, I think a bit more would have been good.

6. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

They should have cut the zero G sequence ;) That scene is my least fave, really slows the movie down in my opinion.

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

They should have cut Hawk being assimilated and then killed by Worf :wah:

8. Pineapples101

Pineapples101 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I thought they filmed and cut a whole sequence with Cochran being chased by Riker and Geordie, then he falls off a cliff or something and is rescued by a hastily set up forcefield or some such... or is that just internet nonsense?

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ That could have been in the novelization, which was written from a version of the script.

Those scenes may just not have been filmed and are therefore not "deleted scenes".

10. los2188

Wow. I don't recall that scene. I could swear there was another scene with Barclay on the Enterprise where he was running around and worried about the battle with The Borg in a true Barclay manner. Also, does anyone know where I can find the final script of First Contact. I've already read the earlier rough draft of First Contact, but i'd like to read the final script.

11. Shikarnov

Shikarnov Rear Admiral Premium Member

Pittsburgh, PA - (TX, CT, & RF in years past)
    I remember Cochrane claiming that he had to take a leak ("Leak? I'm not detecting any leaks." :rolleyes: ), during which he opted to run away. Riker and LaForge tracked him down and shot him with a phaser... I'll grant I haven't seen FC in forever, but I don't remember any cliffs or forcefields.

12. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wasn't there a deleted scene with Sisko talking to Worf on the viewscreen on the Defiant on his way to battle the Borg cube? I heard something about this.

13. Shikarnov

Shikarnov Rear Admiral Premium Member

Pittsburgh, PA - (TX, CT, & RF in years past)
    lol. I hadn't heard about that, but it would have been a nice addition. General audiences would never get it though.

14. los2188

Actually I read the same thing just the other day about how that was filmed for the movie. I don't remember seeing it or not, but I did read that that part was filmed, but cut.

15. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Oh man... if there is any truth to that, it would be amazing if they went and put that back in the movie! Sisko deserved a cameo! He is the only 24th century captain not to appear in a film!

Also, I never understood why they didn't have Miles O'Brien on the Defiant with Worf. Especially since they both had served on the Enterprise in TNG.

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

^I wonder what O'Brien's reaction was when Worf brought back a trashed Defiant.

17. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He knows why. ;) :lol:

18. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I think that was in an earlier draft of the script. When Cochrane runs off, he threatens to jump off a cliff and kill himself so he doesn't have to live up to his future reputation. Riker's going to stop him, but Troi tells him that Cochrane won't get it out of his system unless he actually jumps and realizes what he's doing. So Cochrane jumps, and then Riker shoots him and the phaser blast shoves him back out of midair and on to solid ground.

The filmed version got rid of the stunt and just had Riker shoot Cochrane because he was tired of chasing after him.

I've only heard about that in interviews, though. The script on-line is the really early draft where Picard is on Earth and Riker is fighting the Borg on the ship, and Cochrane is unconscious for the whole movie.

Bravo, sir.

19. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Sisko thing was part of a fake fan script that someone had picked up and spread around the internet.

20. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Both "Generations" and "First Contact" had fake fan script portions seeded online. Sections of "Blood and Fire" (David Gerrold's unused TNG script) had been grafted in and made it look like a gay relationship would be depicted on the silver screen. For "First Contact", the scene actually named Hawke. When publicity photos of the actor playing Hawke first turned up, many fans said, "Yeah, he's gay all right!" ;)