Ewww.. SGU let's have some freaking protocol

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Concur. I only sat through show once and suffered through to end. Maybe should rewatch.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Doesn't stop it from being weird. Well, I can't say it was weird, since the last episode I watched was "Light." But it certainly sounds weird.

I really need to go back and watch the rest of SGU one of these days. I did see potential in what I did watch, but I didn't keep up with it for some reason. And I'm curious to see just how much it did improve in Season Two.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everything has answers in webisodes these days. Misfits, BSG, SGU, the new Dr. Who series is being preceded by Pond Life on youtube..

It just means I have to pay more attention.

4. teacake

WOW.

I got up to the episode Justice and WOW! Hope this wow continues.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It rather means that TV shows SUCK nowadays.

6. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ain't that the truth

M

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Is this the one where Young is having sex with his ex and Telford accidentally finds himself back in his body mid-intercourse? If so, I loved that. It was one of the funniest, kinkiest and most memorable sex scenes ever.

The arguments made against conjugal visits makes sense, but I enjoyed their inclusion none the less.

By the way, here's the kinosode where a volunteer talks about giving consent for others to use her body...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5kqmh75mw[/yt]

I especially like how the ending was written, given how Eli feels about Chloe.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, Rodney McKay doesn't need to be bothered with Loaning his body to your husband for stoning in from Destiny, then?

9. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I never understood was why they didn't try to get the damn stones to transmit something that's actually useful, like audiovisual data. You've basically got the ultimate ISP in that platform (which they have managed to miniaturize), but you're going to stick with the least reliable way of getting info ever.

10. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah didn't have a big problem with it, though I admit that some people on earth absolutely would, but then those aren't the people that would sign up for such duty.

And the show does go and show two Earth characters having difficulty (one greatly) with the idea that this "random soldier" is the person they claim. SO the show does actually cover its basis, in this regard.

I mean to this day you see people with a wide range of what they find acceptable sexually, so I don't see a problem. Hell I know some one who performs a sexual role for a couple, after one of the partners was no longer able to perform a sexual role in their lives after a serious car accident. It seems to work for them.

And think even Trek has dealt with this with the beings that assumed (with initial approval from host, though probably not for those sorts of activities) control over the host bodies of Kirk, SPock and female crew member back in the 60's.

11. teacake

Oh shush you!!!

:alienblush:

Actually mr. teacake pretty much looks like Rodney Mckay and is a nerdy math guy. He doesn't talk as much though.

AgentRichard thanks for that Kino, that was good to watch. I completely get that this would be some magnificent kink but I don't quite get the altruism idea. It's not like this is a mutual sexual exchange in this situation since the earth folks are not supposed to do anything that might cause issues with the crew. However if it really didn't bother you I can see it as a fair exchange if you were super curious to be on that ship so far from earth.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And isn't that the Ultimate Turn-On? Someone who looks and acts just like your husband/spouse, and has that extra zest of personality [you notice missing in your spouse from Marriage Knowledge] that REALLY makes you melt?

But, it's cool, I'll just tell Rodney, NEVERMIND :devil:

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So if you swapped back and found you had an massive anal fissure because someone had pounded the hell out of your backdoors, you were just expected to take care of it yourself?

14. teacake

But it's so confusing.. it's like you're having half an affair either way.. you are either cheating on the body or cheating on the mind/personality. And if I had the husband's body but Rodney's mind it might make me miss whatever fabulous Rodney-ness I had gotten to enjoy but if it was the other way around it would be a little too much of the same old thing since they don't look that different so there wouldn't be any real benefits.

Can't we just do a VOY/Stargate crossover and I can have Janeway? We could do it during Endgame and switch Captain Janeway with Admiral Janeway. I don't even care which one you give me since they are both incredibly hot.

15. teacake

Now that we have REAL ALIENS and abductions and escapes from alien vessels that don't make a whole lot of sense at last it is feeling Stargatey :)

This is exciting!

16. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

And that pretty much sums it up. I couldn't get through the 3 part pilot without being offended, lack of plot logic aside. :vulcan:

17. teacake

It's getting better. Cheesiness has been added. Lack of logic always goes better with cheese.

18. teacake

So last night I watched Pain, in season 1.

I was soooo excited that an actual murder had taken place. Finally it was getting gritty.. what was going to happen now? How would Chloe cope? Would the beautiful James (who really has very enormous breasts) be imprisoned for her crime and wouldn't they still need her at times and have to drag her out to do stuff? I was pumped!!

And then it turns into stupid sci fi trope #127!!

19. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The highlight of that episode was Rush beating the shit out of people while hallucinating about the Blue Fish Group members running around the ship.

20. teacake

I'm getting very very tired of the Eli is the geeky best friend who never gets any storyline. He needs to tell Chloe a sad story about his childhood AND kill someone. Man up Eli!!