E3 2013 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Final Fantasy XIII Versus has been re-branded Final Fantasy XV and will be on the PS4. I'm not sure that this half-a-decade development time thing is a good business strategy for Square Enix.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No restrictions on used games. And boom goes the dynamite! :beer:

3. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Heh, Sony just beat Microsoft. Supports used games, can lend to friends, etc, etc with no restrictions (so they say).

They're chanting "Sony, Sony, Sony". :lol:

Also, no need to check-in online to play games.

4. TheGodBen

Sony just won E3. I'm actually dancing a little to this news. :D

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was brutal. I almost feel sorry for Microsoft. :guffaw:

6. TheGodBen

Multiplayer is going behind a paywall. :( Can't win 'em all, I guess.

7. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Wow, Sony makes one want to buy their console because it looks..fun..not ridiculously complicated.

True, but it's still cheaper then Xbox live.

...and the console is 100 bucks cheaper, blow out win here :D

8. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

$399 for the PS4. Another plus for Sony over Microsoft.

9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm buying a PS4. I already have Plus, which has given me so much already, so I don't care about paying to play online.

Sony has no games, but they just killed it.

10. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No DRM and it supports used and loaned games! The Xbone is looking kind of flaccid from here!!

11. Kelthaz

Oh, man, wow. Sony couldn't have done that better. It started off slow, but Sony knew when to drop their bombshells and when to focus on their games. I think this sums up my opinion pretty well:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE[/yt]

12. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I was watching a rant video today by AlphaOmegaSin. He mentioned that if someone buys the XBOX 1, they are supporting the price gouging and corporate takeover of gamers' rights that has been happening in some sectors in the industry lately. Choosing one system over the other is voting for the future of the industry. I am choosing the PS4 and Sony, which today went a different direction from Microsoft.

13. TheGodBen

Don't get me wrong, Sony killed MS tonight. With a significantly cheaper console, the announcement of no new DRM, and a clear focus on games, Sony won a huge victory. If I decide to buy a next-gen console, it will be a PS4, it's not even a competition at this point. But it would have been nice if multiplayer remained free, and the news kinda dampens the excitement a little. At least they're not going to be complete assholes like MS and charge for 3rd-party services like Netflix.

That press conference was a little slow to start, but it had a really strong finish. If MS don't backtrack on some of their DRM and find a way to subsidise the console to undercut the price of the PS4, I don't see how the XBO can win next gen. But maybe gamers really are stupid and those few MS exclusives will be enough to win the bro-gamers over. Gods, I hope not.

14. Kelthaz

Official PlayStation 4 Used Games Instructional Video:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

15. TheGodBen

:guffaw: Nice to see Sony rubbing it in. Long may they continue.

16. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

God damn. :lol:

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

So what games on the PS4 does everyone here actually want?

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think Sony just obliterated Microsoft with this press conference. $399, no need for a persistent online connection, no restrictions on used games. Microsoft is looking really bad right now, IMO. I was already leaning towards the PS4 anyway, but after that press conference I'm most definitely getting a PS4.

The paid multiplayer thing is kinda disappointing, but understandable. I used to pay to play multiplayer on Xbox, so I'm used to it, and I think it's a small price to pay for all the other benefits the PS4 appears to be offering.

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Microsoft has Quantum Break, while Sony has *counts on fingers* no exclusives that I care about.

The Xbox One doesn't take away anything I care about (I don't sell games), and it makes sharing games with my family more convenient. The PS4 has slightly better tech specs, and would let me buy used games... but I don't like the DualShock controllers.

I recognize why many people think that the Xbox One is a bad idea. But right now Sony doesn't have a compelling enough reason for me to pick them and lose out on Remedy's next game.

20. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

MS showed more games that I'm interested in, but Sony killed it with no check-ins and supporting used games. Having to pay for online is disappointing, but I am already a Ps+ subscriber. The $399 price point is the cherry on top.

No idea if I will get a next gen system yet, but if I do it will definitely be a PS4. I loved the original Xbox and the 360, but MS has lost it.