Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, May 26, 2009.

1. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

i love the tv show! and i would lovea movie with the tv cast in it! oider or not will not get see it if they replace every 1 love dr beling back joss;)

2. CaptMurdock

CaptMurdock Commodore Commodore

The future birthplace of Capt. Christopher Pike
    And let's not forget Amber Benson's guest shots on Cold Case, The Inside and Private Practice, as well as starring roles in the Lifetime movies Holiday Wishes and 7 Things to Do Before I'm Thirty, and her roles in indie films like Strictly Sexual and One-Eyed Monster.

3. Archangel

Archangel Guest

I concur....but I'll add that I hope it makes a gazillion dollars and makes every member of the Cult of Whedon's head explode simultaneously.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I also noticed she had a new novel out called Death's Daughter at our local bookstore. (Newish - looks like it was published this year anyway)

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Yeah, I just picked it up, I think it only just came out in the last few weeks.

6. SpokOdo

SpokOdo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm not against they idea entirely. Gene Rodenberry was involved in Star Trek: The Motion Picture but most people will tell you they like Wrath of Khan better. I'm a Whedon fan, but I don't want to be so close minded to say a good Buffy movie could not be made without Whedon.

They should wait another ten years, and then at least get someone who will Joss would give his blessing, to smooth the transition like Abrams recently did with Nimoy. Right now its basically the guys who gave us the original mediocre film wanting to move ahead with no real tangible artistic vision as of yet. Their pitch so far is weak: A new version not featuring the characters that made like the concept in the first place. Not exactly promising.

7. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So far I'm not liking this idea. But maybe they'll surprise us with a good script, a great cast and an acceptable movie.

But I'm not holding my breath.

8. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Anthony "Giles" Head's views on the news
    Hearing of this last week finally made me get round to buying Christophe Beck's score soundtrack to the show. Some awesome tunes on there, really bring back some great memories of the show.
    A lot of the tracks are fairly short though, and therefore it doesn't work as well to listen to as perhaps the Angel score CD. But there are some great ones on there, especially Faith's End from the Buffy-Faith fight in Graduation Day pt.1

9. Admiral Pike

Admiral Pike Lieutenant Red Shirt

Buffy: [about Oz]: "Who was that pointy-eared bastard?"
    Willow: "I don't know, but I like him."

Xander: "I like this school, it's exciting!"

Buffy: "So what type of combat training do you have?"
    Willow: "magic."

Buffy: "I've never dusted three vampires from two coffins with one stake before!"

10. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Oh my God, that sucks. That really sucks. If you guys thought the Abrams bashing on the Trek XI forums was bad, this film (if it happens) will practically make the Internet blow up!

No Joss, no Buffy, as far as I'm concerned.

Why can't Hollywood come up with something new? I'm sick of them dusting off an old property (especially one as classic and well-loved as BTVS) and mucking it up in a new reboot.

I love Joss' work so far, and seriously, if he is not involved, this project is totally doomed. Especially giving it back to the person who wrecked the original film in the first place.

I hate Hollywood.

11. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

It'd be hilarious if Joss made an "Army of Slayers" movie to be released in tandem, and it totally destroyed this one at the box office....

12. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Joss should buy the rights to the character to avoid a mess like this from even being considered.

13. Admiral Pike

Admiral Pike Lieutenant Red Shirt

Personally, I can't wait to see the annoucement and premiere of this third-rate hollywood movie starring Miley Cyrus as Buffy, the reaction from the hordes of Whedon worshippers blasting the intarwebs with fan outrage and hysteria will be priceless!

14. SinglePurpose

SinglePurpose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hardly think he could afford it.