Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Those are big Zords

2. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Looks like they stuck with the original Dinozords, which is good. Tough to make out but the red ranger looks to be on a T-Rex.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why wouldn't they? The whole thing is overtly a remake of MMPR. And the Rangers' helmets in the earlier publicity photos recognizably had the same animal stylings as the Zyuranger/MMPR suits, so we knew they'd still be associated with the same extinct-animal totems. (I refuse to call them "dinosaurs" when one is a pterosaur and two are mammals.)

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A really good idea to figure out where the ranger's are sitting or in the case of Billy "posing"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Christopher

I don't think that mastodon one is quite right -- the thing that Zack is standing on looks like the trunk, with the two tusks bracketing and below it.

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So wonder if how they'll actually do Alpah 5, as a motion capture CGI character, or a person in a suit?

8. Christopher

I never liked Alpha 5...

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ai yi ya yi!

10. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is some mighty fine work, I must say.

11. Christopher

This week's Dino Supercharge episode had some interesting changes going on with the villains, with a new big bad taking over. This one is based on the second-in-command of the Kyoryuger villains, so we'll probably be getting more Sentai footage now than we did with Heckyl and Snide. The "Fortress" monster/Megazord was interesting, a super-tough monster trained to guard against attacks -- although I have to wonder if there's really that much difference between blocking one Megazord's cumbersome weapon and another Megazord's equally cumbersome weapon. They're all just big sticks, basically. Anyway, the Sentai monster it was based on was cemetery-themed, so they kind of toned that down here.

Oh, and the alien planet where the Dark Energem was buried was "Sentai VI?" Uh... huh.

The plot with the Rangers and the food critic was silly and pointless and a lot less interesting than the drama with the bad guys. Did they really need to go through all this trouble to figure out that trying a new Megazord combination was the solution, when they come up with new Megazord combinations roughly every other week anyway?

12. Samurai8472

Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters VS Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^^ I can't decide whether those helmets are emo, or angsy... :D

15. Samurai8472

Full details on Comic-Con exclusive. Doesn't seem worth it for $40 dollars.

It looks like it could be one of those figures packed with the motorcycles(not alot of detail etc)

16. Christopher

Oh, I forgot to comment on this weekend's Dino Supercharge episode. It's an interesting idea to have a Silver Ranger who's a suit alien -- is this the first time that's happened since SPD? And having him be merged with an "evil twin" is an interesting idea that they resolved way too quickly. I wonder if Heckyl and Snide will want to get their hands on that splitting tech and separate themselves.

The band-audition subplot was silly -- would any professional music group actually recruit new members by auditioning random people from the public, and would they do it at a museum? But it was cool to see the attraction between Tyler and Shelby actually come out into the open and advance to the beginnings of a relationship. We don't see that happen very often in PR.

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Bandai Namco has announced a side-scrolling MMPR game for PS4 and XBOne, due out in January. Trailer:

Some details:

Gematsu

18. Samurai8472

Trailer will be premiere at NYCC tomorrow.

New posters and a still.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Christopher

Neat posters. It looks like they're based on the stylized posing/dancing/whatever of the original Zyuranger characters, although I don't remember their exact moves.

20. Samurai8472

Character bios

http://news.tokunation.com/2016/10/...l-synopsis-character-bios-posted-online-35800