Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hey, in the next book, is Reyes going to decide to retire and recruit a hip, streetwise New York cop as his replacement?

"Why the big secret about the metagenome? People are smart, they can handle it."

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

2. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ A line very similar to that has occurred to me, yes. ;)

3. new_mercury

new_mercury Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That makes sense too but I still see Olmos in the role.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

will we learn that Reyes used to fly attack craft for Starfleet and he's brought in on an operation to teach rookie pilots to fly attack craft in a covert op against Orion Syndicate narcotics peddlars?

5. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

That is exactly who I was thinking of for Calhoun. Alec Baldwin also has the look that we see on the covers as well.

6. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone ever consider Dennis Hopper for Cmdr.Vaughn?
    Look past the "rent a nut" roles and there is a great actor in there.

7. Christopher

I've just been re-reading A Time for War, A Time for Peace and Articles of the Federation, and when I read the first scene with press secretary Kant Jorel, depicting him as a rude, snide jackass who's a terror to work with, I couldn't help seeing Hugh Laurie in the role. Not sure if that's been suggested before.

8. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ I wasn't thinking of Laurie in particular, but I have no trouble imagining him in Gregory House Mode in the role.

9. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always pictured Kurtwood Smith in full "Red" mode, but that'd work too!

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just out of curiosity, do you guys have any ideas for Min Zife, Kol Azernal, and/or Kinchawn? If you haven't already guessed I'm reading A Time to Kill.

11. David Mack

In the role of Min Zife, I was picturing Gregory Itzin, who played President Logan on 24.

To play Koll Azernal, my favorite suggestion so far was from KRAD, who recommended Ian McShane, most recently seen as Al Swearengen on HBO's Deadwood.

Never really thought about the casting of Kinchawn, to be honest. I guess I'd have to say I'm open to suggestions on that one.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't belief I didn't think of Gregory Itzin for Zife, he would deffinitely be perfect. Plus he's played 5 different Star Trek characters, so he's deffinitely no stranger to the franchise. I like McShane too, although now that I've got Swearengen in mind I'm gonna keep expecting him to start dropping tons of F-Bombs :rommie: just kidding.

13. David Mack

Had it been allowed.... :devil:

"Zife, you ƒü¢|<!ng moron!" he would say...

14. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

15. Christopher

My first time through, I pictured Stargate's Don Davis as Zife, but that was a huge mistake. He's way too authoritative and booming. Now I'm not sure. I have trouble seeing Itzin in the role, and it's easier to imagine a bald actor as a Bolian. I think Jeffrey Tambor has been suggested, and that could work. I've considered maybe Dana Elcar (Pete from MacGyver).

16. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

Didn't Don Davis work as a body double for Elcar during MacGyver? I think I remember him saying that in a Stargate interview. Not that it's relevant, just a little trivia I heard.

17. Christopher

^^I think you mean a photo double or stand-in, someone meant to pass for an actor/actress from the rear or at a distance. A body double is a stand-in for a nude scene. I don't think we saw any Pete Thornton nude scenes in MacGyver, nor would we have wanted to. :D

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Robert Beltran? :lol:

19. regemet

regemet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I still say Emily Procter (Caillie Duquessen) C S I Miami as Kat Muller of U S S Trident

20. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She would be a good actress to play Kat Muller.

Who would be good to play Alex Munroe from Elite Force? I know its a game but still, just an idea.