List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

Past tense, DS9

2. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Next Generation, "The Most Toys".

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

VOY: "The Cloud'

4. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Encounter at Farpoint (TNG), The Naked Now (TNG), Code of Honor (TNG) and The Last Outpost (TNG).

5. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise"

I've seen it countless times and it never gets old for me. One of my all-time favourites.

TOS "Wolf in the Fold"

Four deltas according to the Ultimate Guide, in the latest Star Trek Magazine. I couldn't disagree more! I'll have whatever that guy's smoking. Scotty only ever had this much to do a few times in TOS it's true and he deserves it but sadly this isn't really it. I remember liking this story as kid but decided to rewatch it for the first time in ages, and unfortunately it's completely absurd and laughable. I'm going through each series in order, last week an awesome "Doomsday Machine". So a blip, I guess.

6. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "Eye of the Needle"
    VOY: "Ex Post Facto"

The former was terrific. The latter... not so much. Going to side with Jeri Taylor over Michael Pillar on this one. Too human were the aliens, too noir, the writing and too womanizing, the Paris.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Catspaw" yesterday.

A fun Halloween episode, but it's shame DeSalle got so much screen time instead of one of our regulars. I mean, even if they couldn't bring themselves to put Uhura in command back in 1967, why not leave either Scotty or Sulu on the bridge? They're just playing zombies down on the planet anyway. You could have had Chekov or some anonymous redshirt get zombified instead.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  8. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Mudd's Women - A nice reminder that Star Trek does not have to be a serious morality play to be good. It is a fun episode.

9. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "Emanations"

Pretty decent actually. The guest star who played Hatil Garan, Jefrey Alan Chandler (RIP), really stole the episode for me. Not that Garrett Wang didn't do a fairly good job at matching him but man, Chandler was a winner.

10. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

The Nth Degree

11. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Future Tense - ENT

I found myself wishing that the derelict ship from the future would even briefly morph into a 60s style british blue police box.

12. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    DS9- Nor the battle to the strong

13. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Dark Page, season 7 of TNG.

14. Markira

Markira Commander Red Shirt

Daedalus, ENT season 4.

15. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Realm of Fear.

16. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    DS9- The Search, Parts 1 and 2

17. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "Prime Factors"

Some neat ideas but not all that good overall. I'm glad the aliens, originally intended to be recurring, were written out of the show. And I kind of wish just once while the leader was touching Janeway she'd slap him upside his head. Ah, the rigors of command, I suppose.

VOY: "Heroes and Demons"

I see this one get a bad rap in some reviews (mainly Jammer's Reviews and GateWorld, I guess, but the former typically hates the series anyway and the latter... well, Darren and I don't seem to see eye to eye often on episodes) but dammit, I liked it. I think this is an episode I must have seen countless times during UPN's old "Five Flights A Week" stint because a lot of it came back to me too.

VOY: "State of Flux"

Now this was a strong early showing. Intrigue abound, Martha Hackett playing Seska terrifically, Chakotay blinded, Tuvok guided, Janeway disturbed, Kazon being bastards. Good episode. At the end when Seska gets away I wanted to reach through the screen and pull her back to justice -- that tells me I connected with the show emotionally.

VOY: "Cathexis"

Another episode I was kind of dreading as I've read a lot of harsh comments about it since those bygone days I watched the series. There are some fair points -- it's plodding, it's overly technical (something of a recurring issue for the show) and it lacks the emotional punch intended. I still enjoyed it though. The lighting was very effective, adding a layer of tension to the proceedings that might have been lost by an only passable script. Janeway's Holonovel is introduced here and I'm left slightly puzzled as to why the woman would want to pretend to be the matron for a couple of children when she's already the full-time matron of 148 crewmembers.

18. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

We'll Always Have Paris

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Just watched the last ep of DS9 season 3. On to season 4!

20. RedSkirt

RedSkirt Ensign Newbie

Trouble with Tribbles. Not as great as I remembered.