TV Ratings (Monday 3rd March)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

TV Ratings (Monday 2nd March)

Normal service is resumed :)...

-Total Viewers:
    ABC: 16.13 million, CBS: 12.65, Fox: 11.10, NBC: 6.97, CW: 1.06

-Adults 18-49:
    ABC: 5.8 rating/14 share, CBS: 4.1/10, Fox: 3.3/8, NBC: 2.7/6, CW: 0.5/1

ABC

CBS

FOX

NBC

CW

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Hooray! I was so lost without these threads and was too dumb to figure out where to find them on my own ;)

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious, where do you get the numbers?

4. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Monday was the second of March :D

5. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How I Met Your Mother was a big winner this week. Too bad it wasn't that great of an episode.

Heroes has got to be a goner for season 4. Those people who left are not coming back.

6. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Heroes has really slipped. But the show has gone so far downhill in quality, I'm not surprised. It's too bad, given the potential this show had in its first season. The audience was there for it, too--but repetition of both storylines and character arcs really killed it.

Glad to see 24 doing fairly well. It's definitely an aging show--but its audience is still there.

7. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Heroes is a sinking ship and it's taking Chuck and Medium down with it.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Chuck was doing well, and building every week, and then that break a couple weeks ago screwed it up.

9. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Yeah pretty much. Every time that happens they take a dive. Considering that they didn't start to develop a following until this season, because the writers strike killed their first season, and considering they're going up against the stiffest competition on TV right now, I'd say they're doing about as well as anyone could given their situation. Having to act as lead in to Heroes doesn't help their situation though. A move to another night would do wonders imo.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Heroes last week did even worse so at least it went up, it was 6.5 or something. It was a series low.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

6.95 million...season 4 will be the last at this rate.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Every show I follow seems to be sharply dropping in ratings this year (Heroes, 24, Lost, CSI, etc). Is there a single show that is RISING in the ratings this year? Well I think Mother & Big Bang went up. Isn't this just an artifact of everyone switching to TIVO/downloading?

13. bigdaddy

At this rate this season should be the last.

14. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably, yeah. But at least Bryan Fuller will have a year to get the show whipped back into some kind of shape and give us something to remember it by besides, "thank God that crap is gone." :rommie:

Who knows what NBC will have planned after that. NBC is an even bigger sinking ship than Heroes, so it's all relative.

The ever-savvy Review/Cancel Index:

Scuttlebutt has it that Heroes is firing its junior writers. Maybe it should fire all its writers. :lol: But it's a good sign for budgetary restraint either way.
    It's an artifact of competition with cable. But no, I can't think of any shows that are doing better than treading water for their lives.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  15. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Big Bang Theory keeps gaining in the ratings (well, this particular week is a bit of an exception to that).

Downloading has barely any impact on ratings at all, if any. It's still a relatively small number who download in the US (relative to the millions who watch via traditional means), and people who are so into a show that they're going to bother to download are probably going to try to catch it on their TV as well if they're a Nielsen household.

16. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Much as I love Chuck, a show much better than its premise suggests it should be, a show lives and dies on its own merits.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ In a perfect world, that would be true.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Winners...
    Still going strong...
    In trouble...

Round-Up...

The Bachelor proves that weird people are back in mass to watch TV these days by giving it a huge season sendoff and infact its lucky the ratings have been a massive improvement or recent years as it was rumored to be ready for the chopping block last season.

CBS has a typical night though CSI Miami was displaced as the number one 10pm show but am sure it was only a blip since The Bachelor was airing a season finale. RoE returned and proves that its a better partner than Worst Week though RoE will never be more than a time filler just like Old Christine found out this season. If I was CBS though I think its easier to launch a new sitcom next season in the 8-9 slot and TBBT proved earlier that it would make a perfect partner for Two & Half Men or they could put TBBT at 9pm with 2&HM at 9:30pm.

24 hit a season low but still solid numbers for a 8 year old show airing its 7th season though the demo could be a little better.

Chuck has lost all steam and is 40/60 IMO unless the numbers rise and despite Heroes downfall, am sure the demo will get the show one more season. Heroes could benefit from a budget cut to focus on characters more and a smaller cast would be better with the likes of Claire being cut. Heroes will probably get a 4th season 22 episode order but it may need a new night and a bit of luck...write season 4 as the last, if I was Tim & Bryan. Medium is down as well and unlike the other two, I feel theres no reason for NBC to keep if they are cutting air hours next season so most likely goodbye Medium.

CW - Repeats :rolleyes:

19. bigdaddy

So NBC is in trouble? What's new there? :)

I think Chuck will be fine, hell I think all the shows on NBC Monday will be fine.

20. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

to be honest I would be surprised if Heroes was axed this season, I fully expect it to get a 4th, maybe half season, with the 2nd half to be decided on later, but it should get a 4th