Humans(2015) TV series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RAMA, Apr 29, 2015.

1. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Synth cop has a point. Would humans and thousands of self-aware synths lead to anything other than disaster? Not entirely sure how she managed to "accidentally" shoot William Hurt though. And how did I not remember that Hurt was David's creator in A.I.

Niska is simultaneously annoying and sexy as hell. Her relentless pissed-off-with-everything attitude is strangely arousing (I have a problem).

A good episode. One more to go.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'd agree that she has a point. I wonder if the secret buried inside all of them if something very different than the way to make more of them? It's probably just a short video message from 'dad' saying "Hi kids!"

I can't help feeling that William Hurt was slightly wasted in this. I expected him to have a bigger role to play.

I like Niska, though I do agree with you (on both counts) but I guess if I'd been locked in a brothel for several months I'd be pretty hacked off too! I did like her scenes with the little girl, that was funny and sweet.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Niska's father used to #### her.

She's been broken since almost the beginning.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

What???

:shrug:

I binge-watched the first 5 episodes this weekend. So far, really enjoying it. Anita is just mesmerizing.

Is it me or does Leo look like Benedict Cumberbatch's raggedy younger brother?

I like the family dynamics laid bare by the presence of the synth. The wife is not very sympathetic (IMHO). The son covering for the dad...and he dad stepping up to take responsibility, I thought that was all very moving.

William Hurt is a delight to watch. He makes it all look so easy. Niska is...complicated. After how she was treated (as a sentient being), I suppose her attitude and behavior are perfectly understandable.

How has the cop been able to hide all this time? Edna picked out Niska in one second. Don't they have company physicals or something?

Anyway, I find this show familiar, but still very interesting.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The cop synth is actually a bigger mystery then the five. How did she become a police detective? Who created her? What is her real purpose?

Her existence hints at a much larger conspiracy than anyone else in the show is aware of.

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

huh? We know that.

7. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

We know who created all of them.

Niska is not unlike her Firefly namesake in the creepy stakes. You could just see her saying something along the lines of "do you know the writings of Shan Yu?"

Merlin is a needy, whiny brat. OK he's been true to the character from the start but that doesn't make him any more likeable. I think the family are going to wind up rescuing the Family or at least some of them.

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Americans don't know yet.

9. Deckerd

It's no stretch to work out who made all of them.

10. Bob The Skutter

The Colonials?

11. Guy Gardener

They need their own thread, because they can't handle the spoiler being on the other foot.

Next week they are going to cry as we enlightened few talk about the chilling ramifications of the final episode.

Is licking the tears off someones face cannibalism?

12. Deckerd

You have to wonder whether they're moving towards that sort of thing.

13. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Or towards Blade Runner...

14. Bob The Skutter

One episode to go, think we'll be lucky to resolve it.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well that was oddly slow. I am going to miss William Hurt, his voice.. every week I was awash in remembering my Kiss of the Spider Woman crush.

Anyone else get Naomi Wildman vibes off Sophie playing with the blonde cyborg? She even deliberately walks like Niska at one point the way Naomi would imitate 7.

A question. At one point two of them are in a gallery and one of them says "Father always promised he'd bring us here one day." What gallery is it? It reminded me of the one in Sense8 but that was in Mexico city. There were pictures covering the walls from floor to ceiling.

Good ending, I think they are setting it up for a very different second season.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe this is because he was what, 12? When he got uploaded into a synth and he's had to develop emotionally as more of a synth than a human?

17. Guy Gardener

DUUUUDE!

18. trash80

trash80 Commander Red Shirt

Kew Gardens apparently, i just read somewhere else!

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Thanks for that as I was wondering where it was too! :)

I think synth cop is going to be disappointed, because I don't think Hobbs wants to destroy the sentient synths

20. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think synth cop is supposed to be viewed as a bit of a sympathetic character. Never welcome among humans, but she was rejected by her fellow synths immediately upon "birth" too. She has no family, she's truly alone.