Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Want to be an extra in Iron Man 3 which starts shooting at the end of May? Get your contact information ready and get to Raleigh, NC

Then there is the Ben Kingsley casting for Iron Man 3. Now they say he isn't going to be Mandarin but it wouldn't be the first bait and switch pulled in an attempt to keep the internet on it's toes.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By coincidence I just watched IM2 earlier today at a friends house. Honestly I don't get all the hate. I thought it was quite enjoyable, exciting, and a nice follow up to the first.

Most definately looking forward to 3.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not as good as its predecessor. No biggie.

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

One thing that i noticed is the short part where he talks about IMs non-interesting villains. It may be true concering Iron Man (i never read much IM as a kid and teenager so i'm no indepth expert) but it touches on a more imprtant thing concerning hero/villain movies.

There can't be a good movie if the villain sucks. Period.

Let's look at some examples.. John McLane vs. Jack Gruber in Die Hard vs John McLane vs that high tech kid (even forgot his name) in Die Hard 4

Ethan Hunt vs. that guy in IM2 vs Ethan Hunt and Phillip Seymour Hoffmann (no matter how good he movie was, Hoffmann is an awesome actor).

And the best.. Batman vs. Joker. Ledger made one memorable performance with a character who's perfectly written.

Any movie stands or falls with the antagonist and all to easily producers/writers/directors forget that instead focusing on the big action pieces, the cool gadgets or the tits of the month in hopes of making a good movie but everything falls flat if the hero has to fight some dud villain who we feel has no chance against the hero and is no more canon fodder than the henchmen the hero has to fight until he reaches the bland villain in the finale.

Casting Ben Kingsley is a step in the right direction.. an awesome actor and no action star which means his villain would be more of a cerebral kind of guy. I hope this choice pays off since i want the villain to be a real threat to Stark and not just an evil copy like in the first 2 movies.

Let's wait and see.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

What else do we know about Iron Man 3?

We know that ScarJo is returning as Black Widow. If Widow and SHIELD are along for the ride, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of appearances by SLJ as Fury or the far cheaper to cast Clark Gregg as Coulson down the line.

And even though Ben Kingsly is supposedly NOT playing the Mandarin, there has apparently been a call for extras of Chinese descent. The Mandarin, of course, is Chinese. It would be rather lame if , after all of the buildup in the first two movies about "Ten Rings" (admitedly more in the first), that they decided not to do the Mandarin in some form.

6. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still not sure if I fell asleep during IM2 or not. My prevailing memory of the whole thing is sitting there waiting for something to happen, and then the credits rolled. And I honestly can't remember anything that stood out about it, or recall any specific scenes.

Maybe I should watch it again, to be sure.

ETA: And "ScarJo" sounds retarded. Like a failed idea for a Bond villain or something.

7. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Jack Gruber?

John McLane: "Haaaaanz!"

8. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just to be pedantic, it was "Hans". :p

ETA: Actually, FPAlpha is right in calling him Jack. He's from Germany, and the German dub of the film changed the German names to English ones, with Hans' name changing to Jack. So sayeth Wikipedia.

9. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

It's not right that Germany has a shitty redubbed version of a classic movie. They get stuck with that "Jack" squat version.

Is there any version where Gruber's name actually is "Mister Falcon"?

90% of the reason people register on message boards is to be pedantic.

10. Set Harth

If you exclude the end credits, it's not in the second film at all.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, it's 89.724%. :borg:

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The man who gave Vanko his tickets to Monaco was an agent of 10 Rings.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

How many more films is RDJ contracted for? I'm wondering whether they'll recast or reboot after his time is up.

14. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Source?

:p

15. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Iron Man 3 is his last one.

That said, if he's still having fun and thinks he can still handle the role, I think he'll continue for a couple more.

If they decide to re-cast, I'd be taking a serious look at Dominic Cooper. He did a wonderful job as Howard Stark in CA:TFA and I think he'd make a great Tony.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I think the rebooted Iron Man will have a younger Tony Stark and have more Howard Stark scenes.

The reboot would focus on recent Iron Man comics

-Extremis

-Ultimate Iron Man

17. Set Harth

Which, if you exclude the cast list in the credits, isn't explained in the film at all.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I doubt they'll do an Iron Man reboot any time soon. Not until they're done with the current MCU properties, at least.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Which was an error imo as well.
    When the agent hands Vanko the tickets a simple one sentence line such as "The 10 Rings is pleased to help you in this matter vs Tony Stark.", that would've been a golden easter egg and connection to first film established.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral