The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hot Toys should do a Star Wars triad collection. Luke, Han, and Leia. Then in a second wave release Vader.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

No that's Sideshow. Hot Toys is partners with Sideshow, though, and is borrowing their Star Wars License. Sideshow makes 1/6 scale figures too, but they also make statues and dioramas. The Mythos line is a statue line, and will run you even more than a Hot Toys figure.

So far only Darth Maul is available for preorder from the Mythos line.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Ahhhhh, thanks. I'd been confused. I couldn't make heads nor tails of some of these.

Have you seen the teaser video for the Mythos Boba? It'll be, I think, the third entry in the Mythos line unless my count is way off. I remember the Mythos Darth Maul and there's at least one other.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6T_xxBQ_wo[/yt]

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just ordered the Diamond Select Hawkeye. No way I can afford the Hot Toys version, but the smaller one is nice.

5. Admiral_Young

Not sure if this has been brought up before...but does anyone what the status is on the Art Aslyum/Diamond Select Enterprise-E? Or any of their ships? The pre-order date continually gets pushed back every few months. I've started to lose hope of it ever coming out.

6. cooleddie74

This one?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCNACK8FfI[/yt]

Or is there an even newer one I'm not aware of?

7. Admiral_Young

That'd be the one.

8. cooleddie74

Well, based on the YouTube video I assume it's been in production and has been shipping. I don't follow Art Asylum very well these days so I wasn't aware of any delays with the 1701-E. Unless the guy in this video has connections inside the company and got a pre-release copy of this Enterprise I guess it's already out on the market and available to buy.

9. Admiral_Young

Big Bad and other sites I've gone to continue pushing it back, and I've not seen it in any store since it originally came out. It's been incredibly frustrating lol.

10. cooleddie74

I wonder why? That's so weird. :confused: I know STAR TREK merchandise hasn't gotten a whole lot of love in recent years, but I'm a bit stumped as to why something like this keeps getting delayed or is so hard to find.

11. Admiral_Young

I've not even seen them on ebay very much. I saw a broken one there someone was trying to sell lol...but other than that nadda. I want my ship!!! LOL

12. cooleddie74

13. Admiral_Young

Too expensive for me. I'm guessing the people who got it in the youtube videos I've seen (like the one you posted above) are getting them either from ebay or before. One video I saw the dude purchased it around 2010 or something.

14. cooleddie74

That's perfectly understandable. There are very, very precious few items that aren't electronic entertainment that I'd drop $199.99 on at one time. But keep your eyes peeled, because with eBay you just never, ever know if what you want will show up and cheap enough to buy. Keep checking! I've seen some really neat Art Asylum stuff on there before.

15. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I've just a feeling they've been discontinued for whatever reason. The Nemesis E-E isn't the only ship that continues to be pushed back either. The All Good Things Enterprise -D is another I believe as well.

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I've had mine since February 2006, so um, yes they're on the market.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

My TRU doesn't have TDKR figs out as of yesterday either. I'm only interested in the Alfred to flip on Ebay as it's the one per case.

They did have the Amazing Spiderman 3.75" figs out but it was just the Comic Series line. Apparently they are doing this line similar to the Wolverine Origin film where they did movie and comic figs on the same packaging with just the sub-header to differentiate.

Speaking of Tuesday Morning closeout stores I have two in my city and have had luck on finding some things there from time to time. Last find was about 4 months ago when the Transformer Reveal the Shield 3" figs showed up there. Those never made to retail proper outlets, line just ended.

18. cooleddie74

Damn...that long? Didn't have a clue. I guess Admiral_Young is just late to the game getting one or something. I hope he can score one, because from the demonstrations on the video it looks like a very, very cool ship to have. TREK merchandise has kind of gotten the shaft the last few years.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It was supposed to come out in around the last three months of 2005, but everyone ended up getting theirs in early 2006 due to delays.

It's not bad, it's certainly one of the most accurate models of the Enterprise E you can get and has some good electronics.

But every model has some details missing, the upper side of the nacelle pylons aren't painted, the life rafts on the black "speed marks" on the saucer are missing and the saucer/stardrive connections for the upper and lower halves of the toy don't meet properly.

It's not terrible but it's not perfect either and some really clumsy construction. I found some photos of mine taken back around 2007-2009.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Chemy/Selection 3/ee1.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Chemy/Selection 3/ee2.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Chemy/Selection 3/ee3.jpg

20. cooleddie74

[Scotty in GENERATIONS] Damn fine ship if you ask me! [/Scotty]

Good pics, Chemy!