Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine did that yesterday too and I was able to change my password to get it to work and now it will only work for my old password even though I changed it.

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I'm getting the "Sorry, that e-mail address does not match any existing accounts" error when I try to request a new password. Fuckin' sucks!

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I had that problem yesterday; when I logged on today my password worked fine. Not sure what was up.

4. Hartzilla2007

Mine isn't logging on either now So my advice is.

If you can get a bug report do it and also post about it here if you can get on the forums they work faster than the bug reports any way

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=267866

Hopefully this will get fixed.

Oh and it appears the Devs have noticed the problem Yay!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=4182249#post4182249

5. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I got an email from cryptic about a security problem they had. They reset a lot of passwords.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Of course, if you read it, it says that they just figured out they were hacked back in December of 2010. Just figured it out now. Bang up job as usual, Cryptic! :lol:

Wonder how many of the big pile of "my account was hacked, my bank, points, and fleet bank were all wiped out!", to which they basically didn't take any responsibility or fix much of anything. Turns out it WAS their fault...

If you haven't changed your password recently (and didn't get the WE WERE HACKED email that made you), probably should, just to be safe...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine is also reset...

Fantastic, when that happens to fleet leaders... good thing i stepped down from top spot, but still have full access to everything.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'd be willing to bet that that's some of what's been happening lately. Cryptic has been quick to blame everyone else (user's fault for picking crappy passwords or giving them out (yeah, right!), visiting the STO Wiki (must be their fault), bad bank permissions (true to a point, but not if someone WITH permissions gets hacked).

They've been OK restoring some of the user's personal things, but not the EC, not much of anything stolen from the Fleet bank, and even then it's been a long fight for most.

When it turns out that CRYPTIC is the one that got hacked, and a year and a half ago at that? Wow. Will say the attitude of people attacking the victim in a couple "I got Hacked" threads turned around hilariously quickly when this came out.

Not sure where this goes at this point, but Cryptic had better start doing some damage control, and maybe even considering hiring someone for customer service. (Can only assume it's 100% automated, because you only get canned responses, if it ever gets responded to at all). In addition to the Mod/Developer attitude on the forums (plus heavy deleting of anything they don't want to disucss), this is another serious blow to customer trust. By looking over the forums, though, you'd think nothing at all had happened. Funny/suspicious, considering how much the forums get filled just bitching about perceived slights. :lol:

9. Squiggy

Yeah, I've gotten no help from any of the emails. Their only answer is to reset my password. Which would be great if Cryptic recognized my email to begin with.

I can't even post this to the forum since my permissions there don't grant me the ability to post in the appropriate forum yet.

10. Timelord Victorious

Was anyone able to reset their password yet?

I am clickin on Forgot my password, but don't receive any e-mails to set a new one..

11. Squiggy

That's my problem.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

My problem was that the system still saw me as logged in somehow. If you go to the forum, explicitly log out, and then revisit the main page, you can go through the forgot password link and reset it. Doing that let me do it through Cryptic, and bypassed the Perfect World login that didn't recognize my account...

13. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I had to log out of the website before it would let me reset it. But I did it successfully last night and actually played for a bit before I went to bed.

14. Hartzilla2007

I was able to last night.

15. Timelord Victorious

Aaaah... I figured it put... the password reset mail ended up in my spam filter...

16. Squiggy

What do you think the odds are that my account has been totally erased?

17. Timelord Victorious

Very very slim since the incursion happened more than a year back...

18. Squiggy

Then why is everyone just now having a problem? I mean, my email isn't even being recognized to reset my password. There's apparently no humans who work at Cryptic to ask and their "live chat" function doesn't work. To report any issues with any sort of assurance that someone will look at it I have to log in...which I can't do. The only response I get from anywhere is a canned response from Perfect World on how to reset my password...which isn't the problem. It's Cryptic.

19. Squiggy

After being very specific with my problem, they gave me the canned response. Is the place run by chimps?

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

very much so, yes. Customer Service is, uh, not their strong suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.