Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty amazed considering all the shit they gave the Legion cartoon over the use of the Superman brand in the Final days that they had to dump the man of yesterday and replace Kal-El with a clone.

But then I guess Smallville has more money to throw around, but it's still hypocrisy... Oh! That's hilarious "i had an idea and I pitched it" ... That's ridiculous. The legion coming to Smallville must have been pitched a million times and suppressed and rejected all those times because... Johns had the same idea as every one else and for soem reason he wasn't smited. Smote?

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I actually liked the Kal-El clone.

3. Avilos

Avilos Guest

It appears that some of the legalities surrounding Superboy have been resolved. Dan Didio revealed recently that Superboy Prime who was renamed Superman Prime can be called Superboy Prime again! I was hoping that some kind of announcement would be made about the Superboy legal issues at Comic Con. But perhaps the Legion appearing on Smallville is another sign.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That huge news aside, the panel has to have been one of the single best hours of the four-day Comic-Con extravaganza. With a jocular cast and recurring jokes with the audience, the laughter was non-stop — and so were the spoilers. Here are the highlights:

• As reported previously, Season 8 is all about Clark's destiny as Superman. He joins the "Daily Planet" and uses his new gig as a way to find people in need. He also starts to realize that he may need a double identity to truly evolve into Superman.

To that end, exec producer Brian Peterson says that the show will hold to its original "no tights" rule, but he would not comment on the "no flights" restriction.

• Behind-the-scenes changes are to come, too: Comic writer Geoff Johns will be writing a Legion of Superheroes episode of the show, and Allison Mack may have just shaken on a deal to direct an episode. When pressed about her plans, Mack started off with a diplomatic answer, but one of the panelists said, "Why don't we make it official?" Kidding or not, it would be hard to back out of the public pact.

• Justin Hartley says that the Green Arrow will be struggling with why he's doing what he's doing, while the show will be exploring the origin of the Green Arrow.

• Mack's Chloe will also be doing some struggling of her own, and there's trouble in paradise ahead for her relationship with Jimmy. Mack says that Chloe will be finding some independence this season, though, and she'll maybe even have some new powers to show off — but no details on those yet!

• And might new Smallville arrival Tess Mercer share a smooch with any of the resident studs? Cassidy Freeman titillated the audience by saying she'd like to see her character kiss Chloe.

• Finally, of course, there was a long preview of scenes from the new season. With the introduction of at least two more heroes from DC Comics, the action is ratcheted up, especially as Clark starts to come into his own. In short, expect love, loss, mega-action and more of the Superman mythology to unfold.

From TVGuide

5. Guy Gardener

"Clark comes into his own"?

He's been out of his own for the last 7 years?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Actually it's closer to a year rather than seven.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Despite the misprint on early promos, the season premire is September 18.

Here's some new information Maxima WILL appear in episode 4.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

so any guesses as to who the "two more heroes from DC Comics," will be? unless they are counting guys & girls from the Legion (which seems like it could be expensive to do in live action)

9. Guy Gardener

The original 3 legionaries that met Superboy had telepathic, magnetic and electrical superpowers. That's well with in the budget. Although, if they're going to bring back laura for anything , then it has to be to fall in love with that green bastard Brainiac V.

Would it be too much to ask for Green Lantern and Hawkman?

though green lanterns Cabal needs more girls.

The thing I like about Hawkman is that his primary super power is to hit people int he face with a huge spikey ball of metal as large as those heads and send their teeth flying for hundreds of feet.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Now that really got my attention!

:devil:

12. Guy Gardener

The blooper reel will be priceless.

13. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

as long as they dont use there flight rings too much,

14. Guy Gardener

Well, I do recall that "the Flash" had come here from the Future to seduce Chloe... And "Bart" was an honorary legionary... Then of course in another book Impulse jumped off a roof thinking that the "Flash" (Costume changer) ring he had just been presented with was a Legionary Flight Ring.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

At the Smallville panel a guy dressed as batman says in the bale gruffy voice, "This is Batman. I just want to know when I am going to be on the show!"

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There are several new spoilers listed on Kryptonsite and on TVGuide Channel. As per our agreements I won't repost them here (doesn't mean one of you can't :D)

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now this news about the Legion has been somewhat conflicted...again its all about the tempation factor the show has regarding really cool stuff and it seems like they've done it again. They continue to balance out the season with crap filler episodes with really cool mythology stuff and I dunno if I'm still interested in committing my time and energy to go through an entire season if will he accept his destiny or continue to be a dullard? The Legion thing has renewed my excitement but I know that probably won't happen at least until a sweeps period which means either one of three months, Nov, Feb, or May. I'm guessing Feb is when we'll see them. I'm glad that Clark is finally working at the planet and using that as a way to help more people.

Also I was on Smallville Wiki and they released a couple more episode description including one where Jimmy and Clark discover the letter Chloe wrote Clark in season two's "Fever". I wonder if this is going to be the episode where the creeping feelings mentioned in the TV Guide interview come into play between Clark and Chloe?

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Hmm. I had always believed that letter was destroyed.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

comic con season 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyP4Qt1LkA

heh they use gotham when its raining twice from "batman begins" then music from bruce's training not to mention the other WB franchise of T3 for nukes exploding

20. Guy Gardener

Laughed my ass in some comic I read the other day, might have been Birds of Prey, might have not... They said some vidiot was addicted to Grand Theft Auto Gotham.

I like being teased.