Potential plagarism by ST: Titan TV series fan campaign?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Sumghai, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have no problem with them even when they used my ship art without asking( I have since sent them emails saying it is okay to use my art and even liked the FBpage). It is after all a fan group wanting to see a series or film made.

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

A very laudable attitude, Sean! Thanks!

3. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Patty were do we 'fail' to mention Cawley Entertainment Company/Retro Film Studios ??? It's at the very beginning our film (STOGAM) and in the credits along with all the individuals from P2 that helped with the production. Part of the film was filmed in the LA area also. We also produced Inalienable, Roddenberry on Patrol and are assisting with another non-scifi film currently. What is misleading?? We plan to make STR as a film and also present it as pilot for a potential online series. Produced by Renegade Studios. Not all Star Trek related films need to be filmed on a TOS Enterprise set. Danlav05 is right we do have it under our belt, nothing misleading there.

4. Sumghai

Sumghai Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks for the heads-up Sean.

Since then, the Titan fan group has started giving credit to the original artists of artwork they share, so it's all good.

However, I've stopped supporting them anyway.

5. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Like I said I have no problem with them personally. But I can see where people would get all worked up over it.

6. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

Tom, this was nothing personal about your film, I was addressing the way PR campaigns pick and choose the information they release and how things are "spun" to gather support. Someone specifically mentioned Renegades and I was just pointing out that no one, including your project, states the absolute flat facts in a PR campaign. (and no one was speaking about the film or production companies involved...just the PR going around right now. And no idea why you even mention sets used. It's pretty clear it's not a TOS era project.)

Were it complete truth it would say "part of the team that produced OGAM" and "filming the pilot/first episode of a proposed on line independent 'fan film' series". I was just pointing out that Titan probably isn't doing worse than anyone else out there.... they are hoping to raise money hoping to get Frakes involved.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The STR 'Team' are the writers and producers of OGAM and several others that helped with OGAM, including 2 or 3 people that currently do some work for P2. So a bit of spliting hairs there IMO. No biggie. We actually would consider associating with another company or 2 so help secure funding and possibly production resources.

Tom

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Argueing plagiarism issues in fan productions is kinda pointless in itself, isn't it? It's a legal gray zone anyways, no matter how you look at it, so nothing can be done about it.

9. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

We know exactly who the "Team" is....the very same team that "rented" equipment from Edgewood Studios to film OGAM and then stopped payment on the check. Let's hope part of the fundraising campaign plans is to take care of past debts before incurring new ones.

That's an error. Only ONE person that currently works for P2 is part of your production: one of our VFX guys. I am looking forward to his work on your stuff because he's very talented.