Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by GSchnitzer, May 25, 2013.

1. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Star Trek Continues has released their first full-length episode online. "Pilgrim of Eternity" can be found on Vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/66784863

Congratulations to their entire team!

2. The Cutest of Borg

The Cutest of Borg Vice Admiral Admiral

I just saw the premiere at Phoenix Comicon. While I had a couple of minor nits with the story, the acting, sets and production values are top notch. Excellent work!

3. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Just finished watching it on Youtube. Astoundingly good for a first episode, and I'm pumped for the next one. I really enjoyed it, and I think they did a great job of capturing the feel of classic Trek.

4. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

What a wonderful treat! Enjoyed it immensely!

5. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

I swear, Chris Doohan is possessed by his dad's ghost!

Kind of like Karl Urban is possessed by De Kelley...

Oh, and Marina Sirtis as the computer voice? Brilliant casting choice!

6. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

Nice to see Michael Forest again. Have to admit I need to rewatch as the on-again, off-again hairpiece threw me as it came sorta out of nowhere in sickbay (the first time, iirc). Strong -- has hair; weak -- balding, I suppose.

Sir Rhosis

7. AdmiralMike

AdmiralMike Ensign Newbie

You had Jamie Bamber...Apollo from Battlestar Galactica in this thing? Wow! Nice bit of trick casting!

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a YouTube link?

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

i kinda liked the other actor who played bones in the "Happy Birthday, Scotty" Vignette.

10. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

That was pretty good. I may post more after I mull it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

11. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The TOS episode with Apollo wasn't a favorite of mine, but this was a good follow-up!

Initial thoughts:
    Vic's got the Kirk swagger and mannerisms, and sometimes I thought I was seeing Shatner. His voice itself threw me a bit. Same with Spock, but I figure it's just a matter of getting used to.

Mr. Doohan brings the warm and fuzzy feelings!

Ship's counselor in TOS? Shows promise! (If bare-breasted Kirk told her to turn around while he changed, would she sneak a peek still, and would fans here be up in arms about sexism? ;))

And that computer voice sounds familar! Loved it.

Effects were great, in that they were good! By that I mean there was care to remain consistent with the look and feel of the original series.

I'm sure I'll revisit with a more critical eye at a later time, but for now, let's just say I want to see more. :techman:

12. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

Great job folks. Solid cast, excellent production values, and the cinematography and lighting was spot on (maybe one or two quibbles about certain shot selections).

Looking forward to seeing what's coming out down the road.

Yancy

13. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

As much as I love the Phase II offerings this was easily the most complete Star Trek fan film I have seen to date.

Between the solid story, set pieces, sound, and acting it will be hard to top for another production just from a professional look.

While Phase II look almost TV ready this felt like an actual studio shot episode of Trek.

14. TrekGirl

TrekGirl Ensign Red Shirt

I was afraid that people were just waiting to tear this apart, no matter how good it actually was, because of their personal feelings or biases. Not to mention that Paramount and Skydance spent $190 million making a film and that was still torn to shreds by fans. But I think that STC has stood and delivered. Everyone has their own opinion and personal preferences when it comes to any production. But, this production has made it difficult indeed for the petty minded to be petty.

"Often we allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. We lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody. No, let us devote our life to worthwhile actions and feelings, to great thoughts, real affections and enduring undertakings" - Andre Maurois

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The cinematography is amazing in this. Phase II looks like video, and lighting, colors and framing are off in it many times, but this looks like it's been filmed in the 60s and then remastered for blu ray like TOS-R. Excellently done.

And again, that Shatner Kirk is amazing. He's got his mannerisms down to a tee. That's very nice for a change.

16. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Over all it was pretty good; although I felt it could be tightened up. Grant's Sulu is a bit too much parody. There were too many briefing room meetings. Kirk was more decisive than that. The effects were excellent and "Kirk" looked the part. McCoy didn't feel right. There wasn't enough passion. This was never an original episode I'd have thought worth revisiting but it worked out. Proposing the spacewalk, Sulu had a moment of technobable that was very un-TOS.

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

How about Continues and Phase II merge their efforts?

18. Orion Pimp

Orion Pimp Captain Captain

I thought I was smoking crack when I saw Jamie Bamber on the hull of the Enterprise. Then I started laughing a second later when I made the Apollo connection. Wonder how they got him for that little cameo. Excellent effort I loved it. Grant does a good Sulu, he just needs to relax a bit and make the character his. No need to try to go for George T's baritone, he'll do just fine without it. This wonderful free offering felt so much more like Star trek than what I paid $15 to see in a theater last week. Keep up the great work and thank you!

19. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I thought it was a very good followup to the original episode with Apollo. I swear that James Doohan has come back to life through his son. Scotty lives!

The only thing that bothered me was Kirk kept having meetings with his senior staff trying to come to a "consensus" as to what to do with Apollo. He actually took a vote?? What? The Kirk I knew would ask for suggestions but would never "command by vote." It made him look weak in my opinion.

The sets, props, etc. were outstanding (although a bit wobbly in some scenes) - it really felt like a true episode of TOS!

20. TrekGirl

TrekGirl Ensign Red Shirt

:drool: