SMALLVILLE Winter Hiatus Thread *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's another comic convention in Omaha in early June my buddy and I decided we're going to, for one reason only:

[​IMG]

That 1990 Captain America movie is a complete piece of shit, by the way. A hilarious piece of shit, but a piece of shit.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh well that's self explanatory. I've seen Jewel perform live before she became famous, and she's incredible in real life. ^ She used to sing in small locales around Vancouver when she was younger.

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is strange given the number of sci-fi productions there. Maybe you should start one?

Call it Planet Vancouver

4. Admiral_Young

^ That's not a bad name. I'd personally prefer a Wizard Con. We have the brand new convention center that was used during the Olympics as the perfect venue for a big huge comic con.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I envy you guys. Cleveland hasn't had a good convention since the early 90s when I met Patrick Stewart.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Out of all the Smallville actors...I would love to "meet" Cassidy Freeman & Kristin Kreuk...hopefully at the same time. ;)

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

with a huge tub of jello and lots of baby oil....

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh...the Wizard Cons use to be awesome, but they have gone way down the past few years. The one in Chicago, for example, hasn't had a major presence by Marvel or DC for the last two years, and the number of panels have dropped considerably the last year. Autographs/photos with actors have increased in price and they charge you for both (even if you bring your own camera). Granted, that probably has a little to do with the licensing agreement they have with whatever company represents the actors, but when the vast majority are 3rd rate and mostly forgotten, it makes it irritating.

This is a shame considering in '08 they had (according to them) the first joint Marvel-DC panel, in addition to a separate Marvel and separate DC panel, movie showing (Gotham Knights), and loads of panels with wide-ranging topics. Maybe this problem is central to the Chicago one, I don't know. From the other attendees I talked to in '09 (the last one I went to), this seemed to be happening at the other ones as well.

Maybe the '11 one will be good. With rumors of TDKR returning to film and Superman possibly shooting in the Chicago area, perhaps there will be a push for those films to make a presence of some kind.

9. Admiral_Young

^ That speculation I've read online yep...really though I think Superman and TDKR are going to be a huge presence at comic con this year. San Diego is gonna be huge this year I think...

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ No doubt about that. I was just considering that the con is going to be around when the projected filming is happening, thereby making it a possibility. A few years back, TDK had a panel at WW-C.

11. Admiral_Young

^ Indeed. C2E2 has seemed to taken WCC place in terms of Chicago's premier entertainment convention.

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

okay I realy did'nt realy chatch what chloe said what was her new code name ?

13. Admiral_Young

^ Why are you posting in here? This isn't an episode discussion thread.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Yeah...timothy...are you talking about Chloe being "Watchtower" or her going to Star City with Oliver...she just said she would be a reporter by day and help heroes by night...no code names were mentioned...as far as I know???

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Not sure about the earpiece but I like the rest of the look and Blue Beetle looks pretty cool there behind him.

17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Nice! I am actually pretty impressed with Booster's costume.

18. Admiral_Young

Pretty much what I expected from Smallville, so yes this pleases me.

19. Admiral_Young

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are those corporate logo's like a race car driver would wear, or Booster himself during his Conglomerate days?

Been watching Zatanna on Breakout kings. The girl has range. The prom queen body swap girl (Buffy Saunders?) from near the beginning is also in the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.